By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anyone know if 3D glasses technology will be available for HD consoles

This stuff is not mainstream enough to be a consoles selling point now or forevver

Repent or be destroyed

Around the Network

yeah I'm sure. The guy mentions seeing 3D parts of the game such as the jungle in the eurogamer interview too.

Crysis in 3D will be insane!! I can barely get a steady 30fps on High settings as it is.

Well, in PC you need quite the graphics horsepower, which no console has. If something similar comes to this generation, don't expect it for the big games.

CommunistHater said:
This stuff is not mainstream enough to be a consoles selling point now or forevver

Yeah people are still slowly adopting regular HDTVs. It will be a long, long time before 3D HDTV's become mainstream.

I hope XBox 3 launch in Nov 2011 at $499 with built in true 3-D tech and Natal motion controls, all running in 1080p.

Launch title Elder Scrolls 5.

Around the Network
CommunistHater said:

No one is arguing this my freind. This is not Xbox VS PS3 thread...

Slimebeast said:
I hope XBox 3 launch in Nov 2011 at $499 with built in true 3-D tech and Natal motion controls, all running in 1080p.

Do you think xbox 3 will be able to display Elter Scrolls 5...in 1080 p...at 60 frames per second...2 TIMES! You need 2 video streams... I don't know

Sony can be a cool cat this gen and release this tech for PS2 games on PS3...but sony hasn't been a cool cat since they took away backwards compatibility.

disolitude said:
Slimebeast said:

Do you think xbox 3 will be able to display Elter Scrolls 5...in 1080 p...at 60 frames per second...2 TIMES! You need 2 video streams... I don't know.

No. Impossible. I was just dreaming.

disolitude said:

The shutter 3D technology has been available on PC for over a year now and Nvidia recently released GeForce 3D Vision which blew me away at a friends place. http://gear.ign.com/articles/969/969307p1.html

I have a Samsung TV that supports this (you need 120HZ TV that supports it) and am wondering if anyone knows if this is available...or if it will be available for next gen consoles? There are some prototypes for this technology...such as this AMAZING demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGuXlNe6s7s

...but I have not seen a product that will work on ps360 yet.

Anyone have any insight in to this?

Is this tech out? Did u try the glasses?

@ slimebeast

I tried the Nvidia ones yeah... Played a little bit of FEAR and damn dude...it is quite good. Images don't jump out like you think they would..but you get amazing depth perception.

Natal + 3D glasses + 60inch TV = HUGE Win