By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - iPhone more powerful than Wii?

iPhone.

Wii.

Wii is more powerful, fact.

I haven't heard such crap since this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9wkdCo3kzE

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:

You be the judge.

That's more like a iPhone / GC comparison but anyway, the iPhone screenshot is severely lacking in terms of textures on the main character...

edit - oh, and the ground texture...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

In the same way PSP is more powerful than the PS2, yes, iPhone is ahead -if slightly- of Wii.

This is going to be intereating *grabs popcorn*

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

iPhone isn't a slouch, but Wii > iPhone.

Around the Network

Actually the GPU in the iPhone 3Gs packs quite a punch, and supports OGL 2.0 and D3D 10.

But in real world, the Wii can produce better results.

Seems to be somewhere in between the DS and PSP, judging by the screens.

routsounmanman said:
In the same way PSP is more powerful than the PS2, yes, iPhone is ahead -if slightly- of Wii.

Why? Is there any iPhone game with the effects and general good looks of, say... Super Mario Galaxy?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I'm just curious what the developer is basing this on. It can't be obvious because I haven't seen games of near the graphical quality that Wii can put out, but then again I don't know if any iPhone game has gotten the effort and money put into it that the Wii's top games have.

What's his reason for saying something that seems so counterintuitive. He develops for the Wii so it's doubtful he hates it, though possible.

routsounmanman said:

PSP has games that look better than most PS2 games, iphone does no have that over the wii

mM