By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - modern warfare 2 will sell 25 million copies

I love pc gaming, don't believe it's dead, specially after reading the news here about Ubi financial report were it states that 20% of it's revenue is due to PC(same as Wii and more than PS360), but reading this thread makes remember a story about a certain Knigth in Spain who fougth windmills, don't know why...

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

I did the math once and Modern Warefar PC only sold 2.5 - 3.0 million on PC, it was definitely under the PS3.

aavidbacon said:
I love pc gaming, don't believe it's dead, specially after reading the news here about Ubi financial report were it states that 20% of it's revenue is due to PC(same as Wii and more than PS360), but reading this thread makes remember a story about a certain Knigth in Spain who fougth windmills, don't know why...

There is a reason his name is in the dictionary with an adjective attached  :)

ROFLMFAO

That's sounds just a little too high...

The marketting would have to be extreme. EXTREME.

4 ≈ One

i say 15 million is the most it will get.

Around the Network

@shio

No matter how hard you want to ignore it Activision's own financial statements show how poorly sales of non-MMORPG PC games are doing. Even if we accept your postulate the DD is way bigger than retail sales, say 2X bigger, then Activision still made more money just off the 360 than PC, not to mention the PS3 and Wii.

Please don't try that line again about how you think CoD4 sales are included with the MMORPG's, you just make yourself sound silly when you do that. Also, don't try to pretend that their revenue numbers from their financial statements are only for a select few countries. They'd be in a lot of trouble with quite a few governments, and more than a few shareholders if they did that.