By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do you think might me the sucessor of Wii?

This generation is special, this is a revolution but, What about the next generation?

What about the next system of Nintendo?

Wii is Great, there are not many THIRD PARTY games like in N64 but it has an acceptable catalogue.

I think Nintendo need to pay attention to the future games for the next console, for three generations (in GC maybe the problem was little) the Nintendo Systems haven't had a bit catalogue of games them survive of Internal studios but it's time to change.

I demand more multi plataform games for next generation, i'm tired of ports, downgrades, baby versions of adult games, and long time of wait to byt average games.

NOTE: If you see something wrong with my posts let me know, i'm practicing the English language

Around the Network
DxLink said:

I demand more multi plataform games for next generation

Not going to happen. 

It is a vital part of Nintendo's business model, to be different from the other consoles. 

Just look at the late last-gen mentality. Even before Revolution was announced, everyone was sure that this generation will be a two horse race of the Two Giants, Sony and Microsoft. And Nintendo? "They only make kiddy consoles! Even if Gamecube Next will be HD, it will suck, only veteran Nintendo fans will buy it, and it will be a distant third"

The lack of third party titles was the result of a decade of stereotypes, and not the actual quality of the Wii. 

At least its difference from the others enabled its success without third parties, so as it is taking over the industry, the third parties will have to choose between developing for the Wii, or going bankrupt. 

Plus, no third party believed Wii would be a serious succes, and ignored the Wii from launch. Up until recently, much of the development community continued to ignore the success of the Wii, as did many people in 'the industry'. In fact, with Wii sales down so far this year, many of Nintendo's detractors are taking that as evidence their dominance with the Wii is coming to an end, and seem happy about it.

I think there's one reason for that-Nintendo got it right with the Wii, and everyone else got it wrong when it came to the Wii.

As for their next machine, I genuinely don't know. The industry is changing dramatically. The cycle of new consoles every 5 or so years has been broken-partly by spiralling development costs, partly by recession, partly by the losses incurred by Sony, and party because the massive success of the Wii took everyone by surprise, including Nintendo. Microsoft's response to this is Natal, designed to extend the 360's lifespan by another 3 to 5 years.

I think Nintendo will become conservative next gen. After all, if it isn´t broken why fix it? So they will probably create an advanced version of the Wii. HD resolution, Wireless M+ nunchuck and M+ Wiimote. It will be cheap, healthy, family centered, cooperative and inclusive. It will be fully retrocompatible and the online service will be improved. Even though they will still be focused on games, (some of them weird, those some people call non-games) they may scratch the multimedia living room market (music and video) as an obvious included feature for a console.

Microsoft and Sony are going to have to options: to be similar to Nintendo (mii too) or to differenciate from it (go after the hardcore or traditional gamers market).

Next-gen will be interesting. I hope Nintendo don't become arrogant. And being Microsoft and Sony bigger corporations they will sure bet a lot of money in the next round of the console wars. I also hope they understand that the most important thing are the innovation in games. Upgrading the machines when you are not the leader is just not enough. Actually, if you only do that and go way too far you are going to have another PS3, great machine but way too expensive. In few words: Microsoft and Sony must choose a marketing strategy in relation to Nintendo and create real innovations in the games.

So... Are Wii going to have another exclusive console?

Well, I'll be satisfied, but only one thing, the few third party games need to be as good as Xbox/Ps versions.

By the way, Niintendo must do more games like in N64 with Rare

Around the Network
DxLink said:
So... Are Wii going to have another exclusive console?

Well, I'll be satisfied, but only one thing, the few third party games need to be as good as Xbox/Ps versions.

By the way, Niintendo must do more games like in N64 with Rare

I don't think that both Sony and Microsoft will be significant players in the next generation. In this case, Nintendo will have better support. 

as Iv stated before, Nintendo follow a revolution/perfection strategy.

NES was the revolution
SNES was the perfection
N64 was the revolution
GCN was the perfection
Wii is the revolution

so if Nintendo decides to stick with this system, I suspect Wii 2 will be a HD capable console with built in 1 to 1 motion controllers and perfected online conponents

I think they will bring something new to the table in the vein of what they have done this generation.

Is not actually Nintendo, the whole videogames industry works that way, even so... the fight is getting thougher each day since Sony and Microsoft are ready to waste their money on any piece of tecnology they think is viable, in a couple of years we wont have to move to play videogames we will play by moving our eyebrows o_o or by controlling our pulse...

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

O-D-C said:
as Iv stated before, Nintendo follow a revolution/perfection strategy.

NES was the revolution
SNES was the perfection
N64 was the revolution
GCN was the perfection
Wii is the revolution

so if Nintendo decides to stick with this system, I suspect Wii 2 will be a HD capable console with built in 1 to 1 motion controllers and perfected online conponents

This.

I also expect next gen to be like last gen with all consoles to be very similar. Since Sony and MS will try to have motion controls built in.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."