By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do so few care about Little King's Story?

Paul said:
Millennium said:
**Slash** said:
the artstyle looks like as if its made for 5 year olds, its the own fault of marvelous that the sales arent so great

The prosecution rests. The failure of this game is mostly to immature fratboys who've yet to outgrow outgrowing Nintendo.

If you look at slash's games collection he owns Zack and Wiki and Zelda Phantom Hourglass. I guess an art style aimed at 10 year olds is okay with him but not one that's aimed at 5 year olds.

I've put 15 hours into the game now and I can say it's probably in my top 10 games of all time.

i'm not saying i wouldnt play it coz of the artstyle,i'm actually curious about it BUT i can see why some gamers take a pass

Improvements are caused by people who complain

Around the Network
**Slash** said:
Paul said:
Millennium said:
**Slash** said:
the artstyle looks like as if its made for 5 year olds, its the own fault of marvelous that the sales arent so great

The prosecution rests. The failure of this game is mostly to immature fratboys who've yet to outgrow outgrowing Nintendo.

If you look at slash's games collection he owns Zack and Wiki and Zelda Phantom Hourglass. I guess an art style aimed at 10 year olds is okay with him but not one that's aimed at 5 year olds.

I've put 15 hours into the game now and I can say it's probably in my top 10 games of all time.

i'm not saying i wouldnt play it coz of the artstyle,i'm actually curious about it BUT i can see why some gamers take a pass

The problem is, instead of saying that, you pretty much said the most generic and stereotypical 'it sucks because it looks kiddy' statement.  Which many others in this thread and online have been saying about this game (and countless Wii games).

Six upcoming games you should look into:

well, the americas launch week numbers for the game are in...17k...

pretty decent, ecpecially since europes launch week was only 5-6k.

glad to see at least some people give a crap.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Its the game's all fault really, the artstyle and gameplay don't mash, its a fairly complicated and deep game that has an artstyle designed to appeal to a younger audience.

Drop the bullshit about mature gamers and an appreciation for art blah blah blah.

The fact is that consumers are shallow and this is why classic game like Valkyria Chronicles and LKS underachieve despite being top notch. (And yes I'd consider myself at least semi-shallow, I certainly have judged games by art direction alone at times)

This thread is strange. There's a bunch of Nintendo fanboys complaining that the game isn't selling because gamers are more interested in generic shooter and action games, but when you look at the top of the charts, most of the best selling games are casual games from Nintendo and third parties. I like playing some of the HD shooters because they're great games and they are fun to play. I enjoy it, and I don't have to be a snob and blame other games for something I like not succeeding. I also don't have to insult people with different tastes.

Some of you disgust me.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
17k? Wow.

Anyway, I know I'm getting this. I like Pikmin but the time limit sucks and it's way too short. This seems to fix that.

You know their is a sequal called pikmin 2

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

MontanaHatchet said:
This thread is strange. There's a bunch of Nintendo fanboys complaining that the game isn't selling because gamers are more interested in generic shooter and action games, but when you look at the top of the charts, most of the best selling games are casual games from Nintendo and third parties. I like playing some of the HD shooters because they're great games and they are fun to play. I enjoy it, and I don't have to be a snob and blame other games for something I like not succeeding. I also don't have to insult people with different tastes.

Some of you disgust me.

Brutal honesty at it's finest.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

MontanaHatchet said:

Some of you disgust me.

Welcome to the Internet dude.

amp316 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Some of you disgust me.

Brutal honesty at it's finest.

and i'm not one of those. i'm mostly mad people that do hear about it (ones that probably would actually like it. like people that like rpg's, rts's, pikmin, strategy games. not people who like shooters, action games, mature graphics, ect) aren't even willing to try it, and just throw it out the window.

also, are you saying pikmin 2 is too short, soriku? it's longer than the first pikmin. the main game will take you 20 hours plus to collect all the treasures (201 inj total) and hten you have a challenge mode that will take you a few hours to trudge through at least, then theres the battle mode if you have a friend that you could play with.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

I have not heard of it until now.