By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RROD question

Hey guys

I came back from vacation last night and incredible roomate kinda 'forgot' to turn orff my xbox for 5 straight days. When I wanted to play I noticed there was those infamous 3 rings of death. I thought my xbox was dead but I just rebooted it and it works perfectly.

Any of you experienced this kind of thing ? Should I call Microsoft ? Will it do the same thing again ?

Around the Network

are you sure it wasn't 2 lights indicating overheating? thats normal

yes you should you got the RROD, after that it will play for a little bit and you'll get it again.
i suggest you back up your saves and all while you have time , cause in here we don't send back xboxs we repair them with fee, so idk if microsoft will restore all of your saved date.

My 360 experienced a brief (2 hour) revival after it RROD the first time.

Get it fixed by MS straight away

Where should I call ? If I send my xbox (20g) will they send me a 60g ? What about all the games I downloaded/paid for ? How much times does it take the moment I send it and the moment I receive it ?

Around the Network

You keep your hard drive...you send just the console. Make sure the date on the back of your console is less than 3 years old...

Don't worry to much about it, if it work it will be fine.

You could have had a power spike, which would trick your xbox to display the
RROD.

Where i live we get it a lot.

Ewie said:
Don't worry to much about it, if it work it will be fine.

You could have had a power spike, which would trick your xbox to display the
RROD.

Where i live we get it a lot.

Yeah, I had that once when I was playing my 360 during a storm.  The power flickered for a split second and I got the red rings.  That was a year ago and it hasn't happened again, so I'm assuming it was just from the power flicker.

To the OP, if your console is still covered, I would send it in just as a precaution.  You keep your hard drive and send in just the bare bones console, so you won't lose any user data.  (The only content I had trouble with when I had to send mine in was Braid.  It wouldn't let me save my games anymore, even after I re-downloaded it.)

Also, you need to slap your roommate. 

@PullusPardus

Why would he lose his save data? Microsoft tells you on the phone NOT to ship the 360 with the HDD or memory card or anything else but the 360.

Lurker said:
@PullusPardus

Why would he lose his save data? Microsoft tells you on the phone NOT to ship the 360 with the HDD or memory card or anything else but the 360.

Because he is a PS3 owner and Sony isn't as kind. When you get a new system it will automatically reformat your HDD even though you kept it.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)