By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RROD question

How do we know the 3 rings wasn't another sort of accidental failure? I've got 3 rings before when my A/V cables were connected improperly. Could that of been the cause, as opposed to RRoD?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Get it replaced before extended 3yrs warranty for RROD expires. If expiry date isn't close and RROD's don't happen again so often to disturb you, you could wait until warranty is near the end, so you'll possibly enjoy a longer combined life of the original and replacement consoles.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

nordlead said:
Lurker said:
@PullusPardus

Why would he lose his save data? Microsoft tells you on the phone NOT to ship the 360 with the HDD or memory card or anything else but the 360.

Because he is a PS3 owner and Sony isn't as kind. When you get a new system it will automatically reformat your HDD even though you kept it.

Ouch!  I wasn't aware of this.

Most probably it will ROD again right in your face. You should just send it to Microsoft, you pay nothing for it!

You don't know what happened over those 5 days. There could have easily been a power spike or brownout or something. My Xbox 360 RROD on me, but thats because I had the power cord not plugged in properly. Since you don't know you should wait it out and likely if nothing happens over the next day or two you should be 95% sure it was a freak happening.

Tease.

Around the Network

Well, it could be a fluke, could not.

What I would do is do a power session (10+ hours) IF no RRoD, you are probably fine, but if you do get one, send it in.

When you send it in make sure they give you 1 month free of xbox live, sometimes they try to avoid handing it out.

Anyway, I sent my 360 into repair 3 weeks ago, still nothing back =(.

Give it a couple of days.

Well it died for real.

I still have a question : what will they replace exactly ? Will it come with a jasper thing ?