By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "shipments are expected to top four million units per month in 3rd Qrt"

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20090727PD219.html

More proof that the Ps3 Slim is on it's way

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Around the Network

Hey infamous haven't seen u in a while.....Interesting find you got here.

that couldnt mean a price cut or preparation for the upcoming platinum series final fantasy and GT?

I'm pretty sure its related to the Ps3 Slim thats been rumored.... Remember there was an article on Sony awarding the manufacturing rights to a Taiwanese company. This article seems to fall right in line with that.

Sony is terrible at keeping secrets, but who cares, the Slim will sell like hot cakes if/when it does actually happen (assuming it's a lower price).

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

4m per month?!?! So are they going to ship 12m in those three months?

Around the Network

Sony is being a little optimistic I think, regardless of a price cut or a Slim model.

Someone needs to enroll Sony in a mental hospital. They are losing their mind.

omg, 4 million a month? That's massive!

Slim at $299 confirmed? There's no way they could shift that many units otherwise...

tedsteriscool said:

Slim at $299 confirmed? There's no way they could shift that many units otherwise...

It would need to be closer to $100 to sell 12m in one holiday season

Munkeh111 said:
tedsteriscool said:

It would need to be closer to $100 to sell 12m in one holiday season

Yeah lol there's no possible way that can be correct. Maybe 4 million the entire 3rd quarter?