By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 40GB ps3s silver?

40 GB Silver in Europe? Doesn't make any sense! The pictures in the press release show a black PS3!

http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Content/Detail.asp?ReleaseID=4434&NewsAreaID=2

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

If its this color, I know for sure its going to sell. It looks way too good to resist. edit: That $hit loo raw!!!! Dam I want it!!! Seriously I would sell my 60gig for that 40gig just for its color!! @Rath Since the 1.94 ps3 update, All ps3's with EE play every single ps2/ps1 game.

mM

That silver PS3 looks beautiful.

Why is there no 'Sony' logo at the centre of the controller?

I hope they release a white PS3 in the future aswell, like they showed way back in 05'.

I think it would be great if ALL 40gig models are done in silver - and only silver.

No BC makes it a significantly different model - and a very easy way to visually recognise one model from the other would be a great thing. No passing models off on Ebay that are one or the other.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Come on, even I thin it looks hideous

the black one literally says "THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE"...lol

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

Shiny.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Duckaluck said:
I never knew this! I played my PS2 games on my PS2.

A lot of people play PS2 games on a PS2. And people complain about BC.

I'll take the case!!!

For some reason, a different color seems like a cool way to help differentiate the models to me. I hope the silver color stays with the no-BC 40gb unit only.

I want to play PS2 games on my PS3, mommy! Get me the black one!

SlorgNet said:
Delusional said:
I think i'll stick to Black. Not much of a "totally silver" person. :) Opened an 80gig just to test it out before cutting the UPC. I'd have to say, BC is definitely important to me. Upscaled PS2 games, especially kingdom hearts and final fantasy. That's a must!

For those who've never seen the upscaling in action - it makes a difference, especially on HDTV screens. Generally, you have to switch to widescreen within the game menu, then turn on blurring and full screen on your PS3 menu (click on the PS button in mid-game and scroll down to the visual options). Makes God of War 2 and Final Fantasy 12 look outstanding. Note that GoW2 requires a special input code during the startup sequence to unlock the HD visuals... kind of a pain, because I always forget the damn code, but does look nice.

God of War 2 code unlocks a 480p mode with full sized buffers, so its not HD and its not terribly different than the 480p mode available in the menus. And upscalings effects are way overstated when it comes to games.

Engadget had a bunch of high rez screens of the new PS3 model. In those screens, it looked like the little bit of crome on the very bottom of the Ps3 was gone (its on the right when verticle). Also of note was the lack of some vents, but vents enlarged in some other areas.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"