By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Trolls: a suggestion

The trolling in the forums is getting out of hand.  Is banning based on IPs not possible? 

My suggestion: If this site made those who create new accounts wait 24 hours (or even longer) before they can post in the forums, that would cut down on the trolling.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network

IP Ban is possible but problematic...this has been pointed out in several threads, including many recent ones.

Making guests wait 24 hours to post is not a good idea. Most first posters only post because they get so excited or angry about a particular conversation that they feel the need to express themselves. Usually this is a fleeting moment that if forced to wait 24 hours, many potential posters would just stop caring.

I don't think the trolling is any higher now than it usually is. One particular poster continues to troll heavily under several names, but there really is no difference with said poster's behavior now and prior to his ejection from this site. It just looks like a lot more because of the multiple accounts.

I think the mods are quick to stop this behavior and they are more effective than IP banning. The only people that should be complaining about the lack of the IP ban are the mods, since they have to work that much harder to make this site run smoothly.

I think the trolling is the worst it's ever been. JJseth was the perfect example. This guy has been acting like a jerk for months. It was so predictable that guy would go too far. Had the guy just been warned a bit earlier, a lot of the ugliness could have been avoided.

You guys are pussies. JJseth spoke the truth. Mario is a nazi dicating plumber

QED.

Around the Network
Nazi hater said:
You guys are pussies. JJseth spoke the truth. Mario is a nazi dicating plumber

What is dicating and why is mario doing it to Nazis?

What did JJSeth do?

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Look above. More of that and worse.

Is that the fastest ban ever? 3 posts?

I think the mods are doing jobs okay, if people learned to click report post once in a while.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Nazi hater is obviously jjseth

Never argue with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Brawl FC: 0473-7449-8088