By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only one who thinks $400 is still expensive?

I think the earliest Will will see a price cut is April 2008, no sooner.

Around the Network

wii price drop and a bundle with mario kart wii will be enough to hold off playstation with there big guns

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

davygee said:
blaydcor said:

What are, you 12? Profanity is part of our vocabulary; we're going to use it when we feel particulary strong about something, or at least want to convey the sense that we feel strongly about something. Thanks, Mr.Mom.

That being said, let me ammend my first statement: What are you, fucking 12?

But yeah, to the OP, $400 is still quite a pricetag. Especially since it's not so much a price cut as much as a stripping of hardware and then paying for what we get.

Well I think the 12 year olds are the people that state $400 is too expensive!

Get a grip lads.  Look at the bigger picture here.  The PS3 as a console and Blu-ray player is now $200 cheaper than when it was released 10 months ago.  I personally don't own any of the next gen systems, but the system that I particularly want to get is the PS3 and now it is pushing it's self closer to what I want to pay.  $400 these days is not expensive.  Yes you couldn't go out and buy one each week, but is a realistic world where you work and pay for things, you could quite easily get one with your months wages surely?

Anyway, it's alot to do with value for money and IMHO, the $400 PS3 (although with no BC) is tremendous value for money.  I reckon it should sell bucket loads for the Blu-Ray player alone.  And once the games (that is good games) start appearing. It should become an essential purchase.

Also, of course a drop in $100 will push sales quite some bit as well.  If it dropped to $300 or even $200 of course it would sell much more.  But a $400 PS3 in time for Xmas is a great idea and will sell really well. 

I could've sworn the PS3 launched at $500 and $400, meaning its only had a $100 pricedrop. 

Plus, I reckon that people tend to buy more than just a $400 gaming console at Christmas. I also reckon that Bluray players are already the same price, so why buy a game console when you can get a real Bluray player.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"