By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Again, next year seems better for Ps3..

FF XIII Versus, Last Guardian, Agent, Uncharted 3 (maybe) for 2011. Sony will announce more games later for 2011. PS3 games are getting better and better every year just like PSP. X360 almost constant while Wii getting worse.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Sony are masters of hype.

I mean Forza 3 was announced and will be released 4 months apart. GT5 is what...coming for how many years now?

That new Team Ico game...whats that 2013?

actually sony haven't said a thing to hype their games, the games itself are that good.

oh and FF13 is releasing this year! =D

GT5 can't be that far x.x

Tbone said:

ps3 will maybe never have its year but it still delivers great games every year.

2007- Uncharted, Heavenly sword, Ratchet and clank, Folklore, Warhawk, Ninja gaiden sigma.
2008- Mgs4, Motorstorm 2, Resistance 2, Little big planet, Gt5 prologue.
2009- Killzone 2 , Infamous, New Ratchet and clank, Uncharted 2, Demon's souls, Sigma 2 (M.A.G) and maybe Gt5.

Well if you count multiplatforms list becomse much better (gtaIv,Res5 etc) and this year we have Modern warfare 2, Assasin's Creed 2 and others.

Take my love, take my land..

The ps3 has been having a better gaming year each year that passes, and thats really clear, also I dont know why we have trolls posting in this thread, there is no reason for anyone to be here if they dont have a ps3.

mM

Good thngs that we will see for the PS3

-PS3 Slim. A PS3 that is cheaper to produce will add to Sony's market power especially in japan where people like smaller products b/c they dont have a lot of space. This will also help with profit margins
-Blu-ray - the more popular this gets, the more that the added feature will attract customers
-PS3's big online games like MAG and the agency are signalling that Sony is willing to spend more for the PSN.
-If when we have the 720, MS will probably be paying sony some revenues for having Blu based games, realize that this is iffy

Around the Network
Xoj said:
disolitude said:

I mean Forza 3 was announced and will be released 4 months apart. GT5 is what...coming for how many years now?

actually sony haven't said a thing to hype their games, the games itself are that good.

Don't be silly...sony announcing games early is called HYPE.

They are trying to say to gamers..."please don't buy that 360...stick around for a little longer and we will deliver this*insert game here* game for you".

2 years later and Gears of War 1 and Gears of war 2 on the Xbox 360 later...Killzone 2!

Sony has a history of doing this. They did it to the Dreamcast with the PS2...despite no good games nd systems sold out everywhere, people were convinced not to buy a Dreamcast for Christmass 2000 and wait for Toy Story like graphics.

Don't get me wrong, sony is delivering the goods this year and have a strong lineup of exclusives. But if you spread them out according to their release dates, Sony lineup is not any better than Xbox360 lineup. 3rd party games are the same...and xbox is stil cheaper. So Sony really needs to hype shit early cause they don't have upper hand...

disolitude said:
Xoj said:
disolitude said:

Don't be silly...sony announcing games early is called HYPE.

They are trying to say to gamers..."please don't buy that 360...stick around for a little longer and we will deliver this*insert game here* game for you".

2 years later and Gears of War 1 and Gears of war 2 on the Xbox 360 later...Killzone 2!

Sony has a history of doing this. They did it to the Dreamcast with the PS2...despite no good games nd systems sold out everywhere, people were convinced not to buy a Dreamcast for Christmass 2000 and wait for Toy Story like graphics.

Don't get me wrong, sony is delivering the goods this year and have a strong lineup of exclusives. But if you spread them out according to their release dates, Sony lineup is not any better than Xbox360 lineup. 3rd party games are the same...and xbox is stil cheaper. So Sony really needs to hype shit early cause they don't have upper hand...

God of war 3 its set for march 2010, and FF13 have been confirmed for this year for japan and thats square enix, GT5 it hitting to be hitting this year (japan) or early next.

killzone 2 is  FPS Gears is a TPS, not the same and they never market it as competition to gears also it was delayed to not compete with resistance 2  another FPS.

but a game like uncharted 2 named game of the year, it got recognition from the media like IGN, gametrailers. probably media hype but not sony have said.

sony barely done anything PR aside the wand motion controls and very few marketing... and you know things are cheaper for a reason ;).. and it's not high quality.

It doesn't matter if one if TPS and another FPS as to the majority of the game buying public will consider them to be the same genre.

I don't think he was saying that killzone was in competition with gears but making a point about having to wait for 1 big game on the PS3 when the 360 got two in the same period.

It's simple really, it seems the PS3 gets better every year because it does get better every year.

Lord Flashheart said:
It doesn't matter if one if TPS and another FPS as to the majority of the game buying public will consider them to be the same genre.

I don't think he was saying that killzone was in competition with gears but making a point about having to wait for 1 big game on the PS3 when the 360 got two in the same period.

well sony had, uncharted, msg4 in the same period.