By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Again, next year seems better for Ps3..

Xoj said:
Lord Flashheart said:
It doesn't matter if one if TPS and another FPS as to the majority of the game buying public will consider them to be the same genre.

I don't think he was saying that killzone was in competition with gears but making a point about having to wait for 1 big game on the PS3 when the 360 got two in the same period.

well sony had, uncharted, msg4 in the same period.

And MS had Forza, Halo and Mass effect but they werent announced years earlier which was his point about "wait until".

Around the Network

Well don't mix Sony games and Sony marketing.

Sony's marketing is full of sh*it while the games are good.

It is only about "why us and not the other"... disgusting defensif positioning..

Fanboys's brains are so "Sony'PR formatted" this gen...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Lol I remember there was a image where they had the date and instead of the year and a picture of PS Logo, like for example:

Uncharted 2 release date is 10/13/PS Logo

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

So far the PS3 has received great exclusives like Killzone 2, Infamous and Flower. In addition, the Wipeout Fury expansion was released yesterday and it's impressive.

Also, the final months of the year look great with upcoming and very promising games like Uncharted 2, Rachet and Clank, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and possibly Gran Turismo 5. Other ones like Demon Souls, Katamari Forever, Trine and Fat Princess look vbery good too. Not to mention a few awesome multiplats.

Again, the PS3 has the best software lineup. And so will have the next year.

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

Usul said:
So far the PS3 has received great exclusives like Killzone 2, Infamous and Flower. In addition, the Wipeout Fury expansion was released yesterday and it's impressive.

Also, the final months of the year look great with upcoming and very promising games like Uncharted 2, Rachet and Clank, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and possibly Gran Turismo 5. Other ones like Katamari Forever, Trine and Fat Princess look great too. Not to mention a few awesome multiplats.

You have listed 6-7 sony exclusives and procclaimed sony has the best lineup without even mentioning what Wii and 360 have to offer this year.

Trine looks sweet but what about TMNT remake and Splosion Man on the 360?

Uncharted 2 looks great...but if you like action you have Halo ODST and Left 4 Dead on 360.

GT5 maybe in 2009? Forza 3 in 3 months...

It all comes down to preference...one company isn't clearly superior to another. But the way sony fans are tlaking you'd think xbox has no games what so ever this year.

Around the Network

You know as with most things in life it really is relative. Hand a gourmet a pack of bologna, and he will probably turn his nose up at it, and say it isn't fit for a dog. Hand a starving man that pack of bologna, and I guarantee you he will inhale it, and proclaim it fit for a king. I think a reality that is being overlooked in this thread is this.

Sony is doing better year after year, because they started out so poorly. They are climbing out of the hole not up a mountain. Yes it is positive absolutely, but it isn't really a question of besting themselves. More a question of working their way back to their old standard. That will take a lot more time especially in replacing all the exclusives they lost.

By the way I don't buy this argument that this sites forums are the private property of a group of fans. Microsoft fans, Nintendo fans, and PC fans. Do and have a right to comment. All they need to be is on topic. In this case I agree with the point technically, because it had to get better over time as Sony has abandoned the PS2 development. However its hardly a major accomplishment.

disolitude said:
Usul said:

Also, the final months of the year look great with upcoming and very promising games like Uncharted 2, Rachet and Clank, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and possibly Gran Turismo 5. Other ones like Katamari Forever, Trine and Fat Princess look great too. Not to mention a few awesome multiplats.

You have listed 6-7 sony exclusives and procclaimed sony has the best lineup without even mentioning what Wii and 360 have to offer this year.

Uncharted 2 looks great...but if you like action you have Halo ODST and Left 4 Dead on 360.

It all comes down to preference...one company isn't clearly superior to another. But the way sony fans are tlaking you'd think xbox has no games what so ever this year.

Left 4 Dead does indeed look very fun but Halo's expansion, on the other hand, nothing impressive. Forza 3 has still to prove to be better than GT. Splinter Cell Conviction looks interesting. TMNT remake looks worse than the original and it'll also be on PS3 some weeks later.

It's just my opinion but overall  the PS3's software lineup is bigger and looks better.

And the Wii is on another league... I used to like Nintendo franchises a lot, but now... I have enough with the DS.

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

GT5 and MAG aren't 2010 games until Sony confirms it. This year it's had a better lineup than the other two consoles, just like last year. So there's no point complaining.

Usul said:
disolitude said:
Usul said:

Left 4 Dead does indeed look very fun but Halo's expansion, on the other hand, nothing impressive. Forza 3 has still to prove to be better than GT. Splinter Cell Conviction looks interesting. TMNT remake looks worse than the original and it'll also be on PS3 some weeks later.

It's just my opinion but overall  the PS3's software lineup is bigger and looks better.

And the Wii is on another league... I used to like Nintendo franchises a lot, but now... I have enough with the DS.

Anyone can talk bad about games they don't like at first sight.

I mean, Uncharted 2, thats like gears of war 2 cover shooter thats a year late to the party and a really annoying lead character.

Infamous is like a boring, slow version of Prototype.

And Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma is a repackage 1.5 year old leftover from Xbox 360.

See what I mean...

People need to learn to respect games until they play them...no matter how unappealing they look. Halo 3 ODST being and expansion and "nothing special" is a huge understatement. Bungie has yet to make anything that was blah and unremarkable...

disolitude said:
Usul said:

thats where you give credit to MS, they announce Forza 3 and release it without having to wait more than 3 years for it to come.