By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I finally bought an HD platform!

Dude, now you can probably do some emulation as well! I've been enjoying some nice "last gen" games recently.

I'm not telling you how to set up everything though... And it's not like I'm playing games for free. It costs me money every single time I download stuff because of my Internet provider.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

Hope it does 1080p otherwise you should have just bought a 360

Repent or be destroyed

Dgc1808 said:

I came here with a bucket of popcorn expecting you to say you bought a console and then a fanboy war stirred up... I'm very disapointed...

You can have a war with pc vs consoles

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Good choice, I think you should try Mass Effect, Dead Space and Bioshock.

Dgc1808 said:

I came here with a bucket of popcorn expecting you to say you bought a console and then a fanboy war stirred up... I'm very disapointed...

I tried to by saying PCs were the best HD platform. :P  sorry to disappoint

CatFangs806 said:
What are your PC's specs, like OS, memory, processor, video card, graphics card, and RAM.

Everything I bought is here, other than my 23" 1080p monitor: http://secure.newegg.ca/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?Source=MSWD&WishListNumber=8971894

Barozi said:
CatFangs806 said:
What are your PC's specs, like OS, memory, processor, video card, graphics card, and RAM.

And don't forget to tell us the price !

Much more than a PS3 or a 360.  But it's also a lot more capable than either of them, a lot more useful, gets cheaper games, free online, free DLC, and so on.

Not to mention, it isn't obsolete technology.  The processor, for example, is AMD's most powerful one that's out on the market right now. >_>

CommunistHater said:
Hope it does 1080p otherwise you should have just bought a 360

Max resolution I can output is 2560x1600, which would amount to roughly two times 1080p.  I can't speak for framerates and stuffs at that resolution, though, nor do I plan on doing that, since my monitor maxes out at 1920x1080.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
Around the Network

That's awesome I suppose. I mean PC gaming is true gaming anway. So congratulations bro! I'm happy for you. I was thinking of doing the same thing and buying a high end PC, but considering my gaming time has been lacking lately and I can't get into long games. I actually see no reason in a high end gaming PC.

But congrats on your purchase!

Graphics, Frame Rate, Computing Power and everything else good for gaming.
PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PS3>XBOX 360>>>>>>>>Wii

Unfortunately

Price
PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PS3>XBOX 360>>>>>>>>Wii

If a gamer can afford the right PC, PC gaming is better than console gaming in every way.

Listen my friend..
If you want to go for all those over hyped games that people always talk about, go buy RE5 and mass effect.
If you want to go the hardcore way, and buy games that no one knows about, get Demigod on impulse : www.impulsedriven.com
and shooter complete pack: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1645/
Dont forget Plants Vs Zombies !
aah always good to be a steamer !

Edit : how could i forget the EPIC Zeno clash ?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvUtXJsABM4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX0jxT03x3U

Zeno Clash is the most unique game i played this year and its only like 14 $ ? This game is SOOOOOOOOOOO over looked !

Hmmm good specs, but I would've invested more money in the GPU.
I know it's a bit overclocked, but still I would be careful to set everything on MAX settings in future games (or Crysis where every frame counts).

download steam and browse D2D stuff for good deals on games, blizzard stuff is only avaliable through hard copies though.