By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Life time sales for each current console predictions?

Wii : 100 millions
Xbox360 : 70 millions
PS3 : 70 millions.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Wii 90 m
X360 60 m
PS3 40 m

End of this gen: 2011.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Wii=100-105m

360=60-65m

PS3=50-55m

wii 100
ps3 85
360 65

Wii: 220 Million
PS3: 50 Million
360 50 Million and one

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:
Wii: 220 Million
PS3: 50 Million
360 50 Million and one

Seriously?

Blacksaber said:
NEVER_SAY_DIE_00 said:
tedsteriscool said:
NEVER_SAY_DIE_00 said:
piningforthefjords said:

Wii: 120 million to 140 million

360:70 million to 80 million

PS3: 30 million to 40 million

How much do you hate the ps3?

30 to 40m in its life time thats a joke,    it will do double that stop hating on the best console ever created in history.

Agree

Disagree

The ps3 is also a ps2 and a ps1 all in one,  thats what makes it the best console in history

....You can do the same with the wii it has a Gamecube, NES, SNES, N64, Arcade, Commodore 64, NEOGEO, Sega Genesis, Sega Master System and TurboGrafx 16. So please don't say it as a fact...

Funny. I did not know that wii can run all those games. How do you run a C64 cassette on wii? Or did you mean that there is a very small amount of games available for download on VC? Wii has only gamecube BC.

Manos said:
Blacksaber said:
NEVER_SAY_DIE_00 said:
tedsteriscool said:
NEVER_SAY_DIE_00 said:
piningforthefjords said:

Wii: 120 million to 140 million

360:70 million to 80 million

PS3: 30 million to 40 million

How much do you hate the ps3?

30 to 40m in its life time thats a joke,    it will do double that stop hating on the best console ever created in history.

Agree

Disagree

The ps3 is also a ps2 and a ps1 all in one,  thats what makes it the best console in history

....You can do the same with the wii it has a Gamecube, NES, SNES, N64, Arcade, Commodore 64, NEOGEO, Sega Genesis, Sega Master System and TurboGrafx 16. So please don't say it as a fact...

Funny. I did not know that wii can run all those games. How do you run a C64 cassette on wii? Or did you mean that there is a very small amount of games available for download on VC? Wii has only gamecube BC.

Considering NEVER SAY DIE was claiming all PS3s to be able to play all PS2 games I don't see a problem..... The Wii's Virtual Console already has MOST of the games the majority of people would want to play on NES/SNES/TurboGrafx/MegaDrive/Master System... it is still wuite low on N64/C64/NeoGeo offerings though, and the Arcade feature has only just launched in tha past couple of months so that is sparse too.

Ok I'll give it a try. I won't predict "total" lifetime sales, though. Instead these are my predictions for 2011-2012

Wii: 120-130 million

Why: The console is selling extremely well and it will continue to do so. What else is there to explain?

Xbox360: 45-55 million units

Thanks to Natal I'm positive Microsoft will support the Xbox360 for some more years. Personally I doubt they'll go for heavy price drops as they'll want to concentrate on profit now so I'd say 50 million units till the end of 2011 sounds good.

PS3: 40-50 million units

Sorry but even if Sony has a "10 year plan" for the PS3 the PS3 is not going to sell 25 million additional units after its 6th year on the market. 50 million sounds like a good bet to me.

Great, now I spent 15 minutes of working time on this little post

Edit: In case Sony has really huge plans for the PS3 Slim and will push it like crazy an additional 5 million units sounds appropriate. That being said I doubt they will cut prices that fast (less profit).

X360 - 70 million. New Xbox console in Nov 2012, biggest console launch in history. Price $399, super grafix + 3-D vision tech + motion controls.

PS3 - 65 million. New PS console in Nov 2013 - The 'Playstation All' launch price $299 (mass market price to try to catch MS early this time)

Wii - 125 million. New Nintendo console in Nov 2013.