By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the 40gb really a price drop?

The flamers that come to the sony threads should know when to stop.

Like I care what someone who wants Sony to fail thinks? It seems obvious that the mods don't care if the wii fanboys continue to stir for flames to anger Sony fans and to flame bait, it will just devolve into giant flame wars.

I tried ignoring them for a long time, but it's getting old.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

To an educated techno-geek, yes, technically there was a price drop with the 60gig.

To the mass market / casual / normal gamer, no, the 60gig wasn't a price drop, because the PS3 still costs $499.

The $399 price tag will be the first real price drop.

Sony has a commitment to the customer to bring them the best products at the lowest prices. With the PS3 Sony brings the most powerful and sophisticated video game console ever made and gives it to a thankful world. Sony was incorporated by Ibuka Masaru and Morita Akio in 1946 as Tokyo Tsushin Kogyo. The name later became Sony after Masaru and Akio had several boys. The company name "Sony" was created by combining two words. One is 'sonus' in Latin, which is the root of words like 'sound' and 'sonic'. The other is 'sonny' meaning little son.

The words were used to show that " Sony" is a group of small children who have the energy and passion like any other group of five and six year olds running around screaming at the top of their lungs making sonic sound. The people that work at Sony follow this path of running and screaming whenever there is free time. As time goes on the promising amongst the little ones are selected out to begin Warrior training. They learn finance, and train long hours to be to quick and competent, to know how to be speedy and nimble, relevant and astute and masters of revamping plans, deleting files and Jedi-like dissembling.

They are taught manners when greeting "I like your style, Dude." They learn the dangers of drugs and all will say when asked "Fortunately, I'm adhering to a very strict drug regimen to keep my mind limber". They are compulsive fornicators that take each of their fathers for the proverbial ride four or five time a week, sometime much more.

They are taught that "The Outhere Brothers", namely, Minora, Gunpei, Iwata and Yokoi rule the company that Sony was once part of. In order to please the cabbagge spirit when a chance meetting with a competitor occurs they must shake hands very roughly while trying to snap the opponents ulna. When the winner leaves he tells the loser "You're entering a world of pain."

This group of boys, now becoming men are the heart and flippin'soul of Sony. They run around the office screaming as loud as they can while issuing orders, picking out paint chips and wallpaper design and then alley-palley around. They like to try to break each others ulna's. If they do succeed in breaking an Ulna the other 4 will tie the unlucky bitch onto a barrel Spread-Eagle style. And then he gets to play the Sony-Honei-Bonyu game until everyone has had their turn, except the lucky loser, he had four turns at what normal English Schoolboys call "it". Well that's it. And now you know so you've had it too. Great price cut. Now Sony has got it and it's great.

Dolla Dolla said:

dolladolla, the fact you own this picture is VERY disturbing... o_O? it's a price drop in a fashion... they release a cheaper system, period... but you'll blow it out of proportion anyways...

fkusumot said:
Sony has a commitment to the customer to bring them the best products at the lowest prices. With the PS3 Sony brings the most powerful and sophisticated video game console ever made and give it to a thankful world. Sony was incorporated by Ibuka Masaru and Morita Akio in 1946 as Tokyo Tsushin Kogyo. The name later became sone after Masaru and Akio had several boys. The company name "Sony" was created by combining two words. One is 'sonus' in Latin, which is the root of words like 'sound' and 'sonic'. The other is 'sonny' meaning little son.

The words were used to show that " Sony" is a group of small children who have the energy and passion like any other group of five and six year olds running around screaming at the top of their lungs making sonic sound. The people that work at Sony follow this path of running and screaming whenever there is free time. As time goes on the promising amongst the little ones are selected out to begin Warrior training. They learn finance, and train long hours to be to quick and competent, to know how to be speedy and nimble, relevant and astute and masters of revamping plans, deleting files and Jedi-like dissembling.

They are taught manners when greeting "I like your style, Dude." They learn the dangers of drugs and all will say when asked "Fortunately, I'm adhering to a very strict drug regimen to keep my mind limber". They are compulsive fornicator that take each of their fathers for the proverbial ride four or five time a week, sometime much more.

They are taught that "The Outhere Brothers", namely, Minora, Gunpei, Iwata and Yokoi rule the company that Sony was once part of. In order to please the cabbagge spirit when a chance meetting with a competitor occurs they must shake hanks very roughly while traing trying to snap the opponenents ulna. When the winner leaves he tells the loser "You're entering a world of pain."

This group of boys, now becoming men are the heart and flippin'soul of Sony. They run around the office screaming as loud as they can while issuing orders, picking out paint chips and wallpaper design and then alley-palley around. They like to try to break each others ulna's. If they do succeed in breaking an Ulna the other 4 will tie the unlucky bitch onto a barrel Spread-Eagle style. And then he gets to play the Sony-Honei-Bonyu game until everyone has had their turn, except the lucky loser, he had four turns at what normal English Schoolboys call "it". Well that's it. And now you know so you've had it too. Great price cut. Now Sony has got it and it's great.

I don't know if it's the lack of sleep catching up to me now, or what.... But I think what you wrote turned me on. 

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

It's so beautify why a caterpillar bursts through the chrysalis and coccoon to become a butterfly.

I would call it a newer lower priced model. When the 80g goes to $500, that is a price drop.

Its like when Ford brought out the escape. Was that a price drop in the Explorer? They are both Fords and SUV's? Nope it was a smaller cheaper model with different features. Same thing here. 40g has no BC and other missing features beyond the simple smaller hard drive.

Now, will this spur sales for PS3? Yes, absolutely. There are plenty of people out there willing to spend $400 vs. $600 for a PS3 and could care less about PS2 playback.

Urgh its a price drop but Sony fans all over this site are being unbearable at the moment.

Konnichiwa, JJseth, whats up with you guys? Usually you guys act way more maturely than you are now. Currently your giving Sony fans a bad name.

When did these forums turn into a crying match?

Seriously, if you have a problem with what someone is posting in the Sony forums then debate them on the issues. The problem is you have the unrealistic view that ANYTHING at all that could be construed as a negative comment towards the PS3 or sony is flamebaiting and trolling.

Well guess what? Its not. And crying about it only makes you look foolish. If you have a valid point to make in a thread then do it, otherwise YOU are the troll and YOU are the flamebaiter.

But you have already admitted that trolling and flamebaiting is your goal here, because apparently some how reading negative comments about a video game system on the internet has caused you to lash out.

Perhaps you should step back and realise just how silly that thought process is.

To Each Man, Responsibility
jjseth said:
The flamers that come to the sony threads should know when to stop.

Like I care what someone who wants Sony to fail thinks? It seems obvious that the mods don't care if the wii fanboys continue to stir for flames to anger Sony fans and to flame bait, it will just devolve into giant flame wars.

I tried ignoring them for a long time, but it's getting old.

You sit here, start a thread that is flamebait clearly aimed at Wii owners (And even straight out say this in your original post), and then when one person responds intelligently to what you say, you respond with "whatever, you moron". And then you say this like you're some sort of victimised endangered species of Sony Fanboy bullshit spewer. And then, taking the Sony fan rally point of "WII MOD BIAS!!!11oneeleven".

You know what, jjseth. You're a troll. Not even a cunningly disguised one like cklmb, but a blatant, Gballzack/Hus level trolling machine. I'm sick of your bullshit. No one is interested. Just shut up.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!