By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - High Voltage soon to show off the 'true potential' of the Wii

looks like the conduit didn't show the "true potential" they wanted after all. We'll se where this new hype train leads.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

I hope they spend a little more money on art direction and level design. Some areas in the conduit were seriously bland.

TC looks great, but it also looks terrible in some cases. The initial levels were boring as hell, and useing many single colored corridors and repeating design made it bad. Latter levels and most weapons look incredible, useing some great graphical effects, textures are half and half, and monster design is HORRIBLE. Ive seen 13 year old kids that draw better creatures.

The Grinder, after only 2 months of development, looks far superior to TC. Gladiador AD also looks great.

Maybe the conduit 2. Haven't they hinted at it being in development?

I bet its about the grinder though, that looks so good

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

averyblund said:
dontsee said:
why HVS is making games for wii? they should spend their energy on some other platform and try their luck. they r going to go belly up if they keep making games for the wii, bcos after humungous effort, nobody will buy the games.

Oh yeah man, totally. Those insane Wii developement costs are seriously driving everybody under. Thank god we have HD moneymakers to keep great companies like Free Radical and Factor 5 around. Oh wait! Scratch that.

And no offence Free Radical and Factor5 were both better funded studios and had more experiance making graphical power houses then HVS does. HVS could probubly never produce a high budget HD game, but the relatively cheap Wii enables them to compete with state of the art Wii visuals. They can actually create a competitive game.

You realize that on the HD consoles HVS probubly couldn't give us the same high end experiance as they have on the Wii. Think about it, a high quality Wii game or a low quality HD game? Which would you rather get?

In the end many game companies are bighting the dust on the HD platforms and many more are making millions by supporting Wii.  Not to mention The Conduit sold over 150k in the first two weeks and thats not including Europe and Asia. No offense but 200k is pretty decent for a low budget 360/PS3 game, so no I don't think that sales would improve if HVS made Conduit for 360/PS3.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

@averyblund & @Joelcool7, u guys r talking about how less money is needed to make wii games, here my rant is about wii will never get any high profile ips withing its lifetime. less of those ips means less ppl r interested in wii, and ppl who actually buy games will not be interested buying games for wii, hence wii will never get any good ips(i.e. like mw2, ac2). ppl r not really buying games where a lot of effort have been put. excercise games r selling like hotcake, and u guys do understand what it means, means bye bye all the major ips and wii owners will end up with games where u can get 12 packs in 12 minutes.

i'm just mad bcos major 3rd parties r not going to put any effort, nintendo on the other hand still not doing anything great. why couldn't they give us full fledge game, instead of bunch of mini games in WSR. ppl like to see what u r doing, what u can do with ur system. if nintendo shows something great then we can hold 3rd parties responsible for not doing great. nintendo, 3rd parties r not doing anything and here us games r waiting like hungry dogs and still hoping one day we'll have our day. and i'm mad bcos we r not going to see that day.

@dontsee

I dont know what to say other than you seriously DONTSEE whats right.

These guys need to stop talking. Their game hasn't even been out more than a couple weeks, and already its not as cool as it could be?

They need to be more tight-lipped, and let their work speak for itself. Pretty soon everything they say will be considered a PR stunt.

Barozi said:
After playing The Conduit for about 30 minutes I don't even find the graphics so special. SMG for example still looks way better. They didn't push anything with that game.

Their art design was shit, and attention to detail wasn't too high because it's prolly not that high budget, really not bad for their first FPS attempt, but next time I won't be as forgiving when I play one of their real games for sure, there is so much room for improvement.

Procrastinato said:
These guys need to stop talking. Their game hasn't even been out more than a couple weeks, and already its not as cool as it could be?

They need to be more tight-lipped, and let their work speak for itself. Pretty soon everything they say will be considered a PR stunt.

the funny thing is the game is selling pretty well lol, and I'm glad it is, but they really need to find out ways to patch the servers to get the hackers to GTFO.