By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Time Extend: Skies Of Arcadia

I liked this way more than ToS but I still need to finish it, I stopped when you need to go to the purple land.

Around the Network

Whoa! it's $98.74 on Amazon O_O

http://www.amazon.com/Skies-Arcadia-Legends-Gamecube/dp/B00007KUUD/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1248152666&sr=8-1

They pop up used at Play N Trade and Gamestops quite often for 17$-20$

Though I bought my cube SOAL new when it came out for 20$,awesome deal and I would easily still pay full price.

same here

That was a very, very good review.

I just wanted to say that, because wow.

Around the Network

best rpg of last gen

This is one of my favorite JRPG, a true to the core one.
It has an amazing story and very good mechanics (it never required grinding for example). It was also challenging : my heart was pounding in most boss battles, and even sometimes against some common enemies. I think that's why people hate random encounters in this game: they always feared to be wiped out by any random enemy appearing.
It's a true to the core JRPG, as JRPG focus on the journey from beginning to the end, while western people apparently easily forget the whole experience and only remember the ending. That's why most western people will rate a game by the ending ("it was a bad game, the ending sucks"). It's the same kind of core JRPG as Dragon Quest, where what is important is the whole experience.

I also like these JRPG the most, because they reward completionists like me. I always give myself a goal to get everything in my JRPG, which often make these games more challenging. In SoAL, like in FFVII, like in Dragon Quest games, if you don't complete most subquests, you lose a lot of the story. Not the main story, but you discover lots of thing on the protagonists' past in SoAL. Which is optional of course, but makes the story even better.

Just reading the OP made me want to go back playing some of SoAL.

I gotta give props to this one. I bought the GC version. One of my friends was raving about it to me one day. She just wouldn't stop about it. So I went to GameStop and picked up a copy, about $20 or so.

Oh. My. God. The game was amazing. The cast was great. As much as I like Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia, Vyse was just so much more badass. The random battles sucked sometimes but hey, they only took a few seconds to beat. And the airship battles?! Loved all of them.

The game was great through and through. Easily clocked in over 100 hours on that game alone. Still holding out for more!

Zezlar said:

Vyse was one of my favorite characters in Valkyria Chronicles

SPOILER BELOW:

In the Valkyria Chronicles Anime Vyse wasn't even in Squad 7 and they killed him off at the battle of Fouzen. Lol. I was a little mad about it. :/

The anime doesn't look as good as the game anyways.

Ryudo said:
They pop up used at Play N Trade and Gamestops quite often for 17$-20$

Though I bought my cube SOAL new when it came out for 20$,awesome deal and I would easily still pay full price.

GameStop does not carry Dreamcast games.