By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - one of the best video games scenes ever (Chrono Trigger spoilers)

So here I am on my first playthrough of Chrono Trigger (I'm playing it on the DS) after about 19 hours of play time I have reached the point right before you fight Lavos and are presented with optional side quests. Me being the completist I am decide to do them all. I get to the one were you have to help Fiona regrow a forest, so I lend her Robo for 400 years, he replants the whole forest and I come back to pick him up in the future. Then we are presented with a scene of our heroes sharing bed time stories in front of a fire. Its a heartwarming scene and one I would easily nominate for one of the most touching ever. 

BUT

then, in the middle of the night Lucca wanders trough an open warpgate and travels to her own past, where she relives the horrible incident where her mother loses her legs, now as a first time player of this game, I tried frantically and in vain to save my mother, obviosly it dident work, Lucca deeply saddened goes back to her freinds, only to find comfort in Robo and a talk about the meaning of freindship...

WOW

what a roller coaster of emotions, the peacful armony of freinds camping and sharing stories, the wonder of what lies on the other side of portal, frantically trying to help your mother before a horrible accident happens, the sadness when you realise theris nothing you could have done and finally that comforting hug from a freind, all in 5 minutes of game time.

Truly one of the best scenes in all of gaming.

PS, my first playthrough ever of Chrono Trigger and I havent used any sort of guide yet :D

Around the Network

Thanks for spoiling the game, i was about to buy it to.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He cleared stated that this thread will include spoilers.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

sorry if revealing the end of an optional side quest spoiled a 20+ hour game, but I dedect sarcasm so Ill take your comment with good humour sir

aw, if you rescued the mommy, you would have gotten a really cool accessory (and she stops calling lucca's dad a workaholic or whatever, since she can walk now)... oh well, always save +

Around the Network

does anyone else have a great scene from that game that touched them?

Don't you love the overworld's music? Seriously, CT's music is probably my favorite music on the SNES. I remember that it made me feel VERY lonely.

you should play chrono cross and get the feeling of rescuing kid from a burning ship, and after many years and through many dimensions, you reencounter by fate, just be parted at the end.

I still haven't done any sidequests... >_>

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I always loved this song 

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."