By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony Beats Microsoft In Sales Again

This just in: The N64, GCN, NES, SNES, and Wii combined have out sold the PS3, and PSP combined.

SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Around the Network
atma998 said:
This thread doesnt mention the fact that Nintendo gaming division is outselling Sony's gaming division 2:1 each week with only two systems. lol

well have you read the very first post? I said they ignored Nintendo totally.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Killergran said:
leo-j said:
Well technically SONY did outsell microsoft XD

Techniqually, shouldn't it be "Sony gaminghardware outsold Microsoft gaming hardware"?

It's also kinda sad that the Ps2 almost outsold the PS3. Not that that would be mentioned in an article as clearly biased as this one.

I find it hardly sad =p.

Lostplanet22 said:

I find it hardly sad =p.

Either my english is bad, or yours is. Whichever it is I do not understand your comment.

This is invisible text!

I can't believe what I just read. He sounds like he's reading Sonydefenseforce too much.

Around the Network

The primary difference between Sony and Microsoft is the profit margin, and the disposition of their assets. Microsoft is obviously highly profitable. While Sony is actually unprofitable at this moment. Sony has more assets then Microsoft. However the majority of those assets are physical. Which does not necessarily mean liquid or convertible. While Microsoft has a massive amount of its assets in liquid currency, and in highly convertible property.

Really both companies are about the same size when you compare their ability to move money. The problem is this will not persist. Microsoft is doing well in the recession, and can actually use it to the companies advantage as in things are cheaper to buy. Sony is doing poorly in that it is having a hard time showing a profit, and selling their assets will net them less then the true worth.

Fortunately for Sony for whatever reason, and it has to be the physical assets they can still get loans from third parties. They seem to have a limitless credit line. Though you know what they say you gotta pay it back. I wonder if Sony is only paying the interest at this point. Talk about a slow bloodletting if that is the case.

Killergran said:
Lostplanet22 said:

I find it hardly sad =p.

Either my english is bad, or yours is. Whichever it is I do not understand your comment.

Nah.  it is like being bad thing to being outsold by the best selling console so far when reading your post.

lol no wai?

kowenicki said:
Mummelmann said:
I heard that the entire Ford brand outsold the Toyota Corolla. Great job Ford.

kowenicki; actually, Sony is bigger in practically every measure except sheer profit. Twice the amount of employees, more equity and more assets. Remember how much more than the Playstation they make, they're a Hi-Fi company first and foremost.

I have no idea what the number of employees has to do with it.. but here are the three main measures

Market cap ( the real true measure )

Microsoft $216 billion

Sony $22.77 billion

Microsoft 10 times bigger in real measurable size

Revenue

Microsoft $61.17 billion

Sony $82.22 billion

Profit

Microsoft $16 billion

Sony $1 billion LOSS

So you are right on turnover... worryingly they can turnover $82 billion dollars and still make a loss.  So unless they can cut costs big time all over the place any price aggression in any market (TV, Phones or Gaming) seems fool hardy.

However, MS is 10 times bigger than MS and could almost buy up Sony from 1 years profits...  Sony as we know made a loss.

MS can buy itself cofirmed

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

^- i wasnt gonna say anything but that was funny.