By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OFFICIAL: 40Gb Announced!!!

Sony Announces New PS3

It's a shame, but there is no BC. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

The new model is no longer backwards compatible with PlayStation®2 titles, reflecting both the reduced emphasis placed on this feature amongst later purchasers of PS3, as well as the availability of a more extensive line-up of PS3 specific titles (a total of 65 titles across all genres by Christmas).

Does this mean they aren't even attempting full software BC? Guess I gotta get either a 20/60/80 whenever I make the jump. 

Good with starter pack at 499£ it will help the ps3 sales this christmas.

How many times did they officially denied its existence?

uhu, and what part about this didn't we know already?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Is it announced for America as well?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Is it announced for America as well?

No, just Europe at the moment.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Here's what Dodece had to say about the 40GB PS3 "rumour" a few days ago:

The problem with these statements is dedicated hoaxers are very adept at their diabolical art. They know enough about their subject to sound authentic, and yet are sly enough to evade detection. Unlike your standard blow hard or a meager troll. They play the game at an entirely different level, and sometimes the complexity would baffle the most dedicated scrounger. Often sending the investigator off chasing phantoms. Further more once their shenanigans are finally exposed they have moved on leaving a wake of destruction, as the house they built tumbles down on the true believers.

There was more but that was the gist of it.

I've already been saying all this time the BC will drop but I was yelled at and being called an idiot... mostly on a Dutch website.. and here you have it... the cold, hard proof. If I were planning to buy an European version it most definitely wouldn't be this one. As someone pointed out, nice as starterspack, but if you wish to play the one or 2 PS2 games which you have seen in the stores... you're busted.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

So the whole zero-BC thing is true...

Well done Sony, I didn't think you could possibly come up with anymore PS3 related stupidity but you've pulled it off!

*applauds*