By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OFFICIAL: 40Gb Announced!!!

@Onna,

The emphasis is to sell the model as a cheap BR player.

Around the Network

@DMeisterJ

Not everybody likes to have a tonne of consoles taking up their living space.

MrMarc

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

@mrmarc

1. Do you own a Ps3

2. WHy would I play Ps2 titles now WITH ps3 ones coming out

It makes no sense!!

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Why would you suddenly 'stop' playing PS2 titles just because PS3 games are coming out? How does that make sense?

And no, I don't own a PS3, but I don't a PS2 either. So instantly if I want the two I have to pay more now anyway. Also don't forget that nice little bonus of PS2 games being upscaled, that's quite a selling point too.

I know I wouldn't be the only person in the same situation. Sony themselves made backwards compatibilty what it is so why they'd stop on it I have no idea. To many people it's an important selling point.

fkusumot said:
Here's what Dodece had to say about the 40GB PS3 "rumour" a few days ago:

The problem with these statements is dedicated hoaxers are very adept at their diabolical art. They know enough about their subject to sound authentic, and yet are sly enough to evade detection. Unlike your standard blow hard or a meager troll. They play the game at an entirely different level, and sometimes the complexity would baffle the most dedicated scrounger. Often sending the investigator off chasing phantoms. Further more once their shenanigans are finally exposed they have moved on leaving a wake of destruction, as the house they built tumbles down on the true believers.

There was more but that was the gist of it.

i thought he was talking about the 40 in america? i know its most likely a set thing, just a matter of time, but until then leave him alone

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

If i remember correctly the PS3 can upscale Ps2 games right? So if i have an HDTV and want to play ps2 games with good quality i need a PS3. There, that's something bad about the 40Gb PS3.

@Dtewi ha ha ha...

@mr marc, first of all it is spelled "ton" second, the PS2 slimline is smaller than a stack of paper so how is that taking up space, it's not like it is huge.

@darthdevidem... I agree, he makes no sense. But Sony will never be able to win some people over... Even if they paid people to have PS3s.

Posted this as news now as well - not sure if people want to move discussion over to that thread...?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

@gamingdevil The upscaling is not that serious, it is still going to look like a PS2 game but in high definition. Ugly is ugly in hi def or not.

So now all PS2 games are ugly?