By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OFFICIAL: 40Gb Announced!!!

I can't believe that people are trying to spin things up and make it seem like a good move!!! The same people who were LAUGHING with 360 about it's backwards compatibility. Oh well, i guess it's the same people who'd give 600$ for a brick with the Sony logo on it.

Around the Network

Wow, I didn't think it was possible but I actually want the PS3 less now. I don't care about the USB ports or removing extra memory cards slots, but BC is something that's fairly important to me as I still have PS2 games I want to keep around and don't want to keep around an extra system.

Sony's loss I suppose since I won't even think about paying for the more expensive system until it actually gets affordable.

@Mrmarc

I can't even BARE to look at Ps2 games and their inferiority

SERIOUSLY - you don't go a STEP BACK!

+ SONY said BC was important, fine

M$ did the opposite with HDMI n big hard drive

Ninty did the opposite with online

don't blame for the sake of blaming

I dunno how you excpect me to BUY PS2 games to play on my PS3

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

The problem is that the starterpack seems more tempting then 40GB, 499£ with 2 games and 2 controllers. Seriously only 100£ between? Wonder what they will do to it after the holiday.

Because there are still going to be brilliant games made for the PS2. Why deny yourself that? Oh because they don't look so good as PS3 games?

How does THAT make sense?

Around the Network

Good move by Sony...most of the people that have ps3's have a ps2 already...most would rather just save a $100.00....and what would anybody need all four USB ports for anyhow? I've got a separate wall charger for my sixaxis. And I doubt many people charge 4 controllers at one time. Most people don't bother with usb external harddrives or anything--they just get a laptop harddrive if they want a bigger one.

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

@Gamingdevil. Oh yes! My (JP) PS2 is dead now anyway, but since 99% of my PS2 game collection doesn't have any progressive scan option (only Tri Ace games and several SCEI games), most of them look horrible on a LCD TV and even worse on a Full HD TV.

Saying you'll need to stop playing PS2 games now because the PS3 is out, is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard in my entire gaming life! So basically people are saying, PS2 games which are being released now, should be ignored when you have a PS3, what a load of nonsense. Then I guess all the PS games which are available for on the PSN should be ignored as well, considering the fact they're "old school" and no longer PS3 worthy.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

What if I wanted a PS3 for games that I want. But I don't have a PS2 and I want to play some of those games 2. Well it doesn't make sense to buy two prodcuts, so I'll buy a PS3 with BC. But oh wait, there is none, guess I have to buy a PS2 too.

This is probably going to affect many people. And I guess it is because Sony wants to continue PS2's lifespan.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Good move by Sony...most of the people that have ps3's have a ps2 already...most would rather just save a $100.00....and what would anybody need all four USB ports for anyhow? I've got a separate wall charger for my sixaxis. And I doubt many people charge 4 controllers at one time. Most people don't bother with usb external harddrives or anything--they just get a laptop harddrive if they want a bigger one.

Point is, people can STILL get a backwards compatable ps3 if they want to...Pony up an extra $100.00

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

DMeisterJ said:
@gamingdevil The upscaling is not that serious, it is still going to look like a PS2 game but in high definition. Ugly is ugly in hi def or not.

Look, i don't give a sh!t about the polygons, the lighting and everything else except from ONE thing that could be solved via upscaling, Jaggies. I can't even play most of my PS2 games on my HDTV because of all the jaggies!