Slimebeast said:
gergroy said:
Slimebeast said:
gergroy said:
Slimebeast said:
Barozi said:
hmmm I'm still not hyped sadly

I'm more looking forward to Risen and Arcania....HELL even Two Worlds 2

Me too actually. Or maybe it's not surprising since Two Worlds and Risen have the same type of gameplay as Oblivion.

But whats Arcania?

have you seen any of the gameplay videos?  There isn't much hype going on for this game, I don't know what EA is doing, but the game looks great!

Are u talking about Arcania or Dragon Age now lol?

lol, I guess I wasn't too clear was I?  I was talking about dragon age, I was trying to get you hyped for it :)

Haha, I c. Dragon Age is still a must have for me, but I think i've actually watched too many gameplay trailers and lost a lil bit of the excitement. I can already sense the feel of the dialogue and cut-scenes too much, and worst of all the gameplay is already starting to feel a bit repetitive. And I havent even played the game lol!

I have a bad feeling the game just from watching the trailers.  There's something wrong with the game that I just can't put my finger on.

ah, come on guys.  just the replay possibilities alone make this a game worth having.  The multiple story branches, multiple endings, all the different class's and upgrade capabilities, and there is the loot.  Tack that all on Bioware development and what should most definetly be a great story, this game is going to be awesome!!

Okay, okay lol. You got the right spirit! Excitement and optimism.

Dragon Age is gonna be a fantastic game.

haha, thats the spirit!!  I do agree the animations look a little off, but the game looks so good that I don't care.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
memory2zack said:
As much as I love Bioware's stories and paths, I don't like the gameplay they use here. This hybrid real-time/turn-based doesn't appeal to me. Why do we have to pause every time, switch character, choose skill, push space to make time flow, wait that all characters have executed their actions, reapeat ? Either make it real turn-based to get rid of this tedious process or make it action-based with customizable strategy for the party. KotOR did it right by allowing to chain actions and set some basic strategy for each character at least. I hope Dragon Age has customizable strategies, because I don't want to pause time a number of times for each battle.

Any info besides gameplay and story/plot ? Is there any alchemy, synthesis, blacksmithing? Can characters upgrade to stronger classes later on i.e. by joining a guild and completing their quests?

I think they did all the pausing in the gameplay footage just to show you what they were doing, you should be able to do all that in real time, just like kotor.  In kotor you could pause to plan out your stratgy or just run in and do it on the fly, and this looks just like that.

Yes, there will be crafting, so far they have announced that you can craft poison's and traps, probably more.  As far as character upgrades that is one of the cooler aspects of the game. You start out as just a warrior, rogue or mage and then later on you will have the option to upgrade your class based on your choices and gameplay style.  So the rogue could turn into an assassin or something, they haven't actually reveal what the upgrade classes are yet, but it's there. :)

cool, class upgrades are good. I hope they have synthesis formulas. I rarely ever use any traps personally, even though thief/assassin is one of my preferred job/class. Without pausing its impossible to control you party efficiently, look at all the skills they have. The mages are going to be overflooded. There's a serious design problem in this field. Why don't they add strategy options for your party like KotOR did or have they? This sort of gameplay is not optimal for fully controlling the whole party to begin with.

memory2zack said:
gergroy said:
memory2zack said:
As much as I love Bioware's stories and paths, I don't like the gameplay they use here. This hybrid real-time/turn-based doesn't appeal to me. Why do we have to pause every time, switch character, choose skill, push space to make time flow, wait that all characters have executed their actions, reapeat ? Either make it real turn-based to get rid of this tedious process or make it action-based with customizable strategy for the party. KotOR did it right by allowing to chain actions and set some basic strategy for each character at least. I hope Dragon Age has customizable strategies, because I don't want to pause time a number of times for each battle.

Any info besides gameplay and story/plot ? Is there any alchemy, synthesis, blacksmithing? Can characters upgrade to stronger classes later on i.e. by joining a guild and completing their quests?

I think they did all the pausing in the gameplay footage just to show you what they were doing, you should be able to do all that in real time, just like kotor.  In kotor you could pause to plan out your stratgy or just run in and do it on the fly, and this looks just like that.

Yes, there will be crafting, so far they have announced that you can craft poison's and traps, probably more.  As far as character upgrades that is one of the cooler aspects of the game. You start out as just a warrior, rogue or mage and then later on you will have the option to upgrade your class based on your choices and gameplay style.  So the rogue could turn into an assassin or something, they haven't actually reveal what the upgrade classes are yet, but it's there. :)

cool, class upgrades are good. I hope they have synthesis formulas. I rarely ever use any traps personally, even though thief/assassin is one of my preferred job/class. Without pausing its impossible to control you party efficiently, look at all the skills they have. The mages are going to be overflooded. There's a serious design problem in this field. Why don't they add strategy options for your party like KotOR did or have they? This sort of gameplay is not optimal for fully controlling the whole party to begin with.

well, the idea here is the same for all Bioware games.  your party will attack and cast spells on their own without you having to tell them to do anything unless you want them to do something specifically.  At which point you can switch your control to that character or pause the game and asign the action you want them to do and then continue.  It should be just like kotor or mass effect.  But unlike mass effect you can actually take control of your other party characters.

after reading this:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/dragon-age/1005288p1.html

and a lot of posts and threads in the DA forums, I'm more than excited for this game, too bad it will only be released in October, so far away :(

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

tyig said:
Gabriel84 said:

I'm really looking forward to this one and Risen.

I love RPGs, I wish there're more RPGs on Xbox 360 than shooters :(

There's Divinity 2 : Ego Dragonis and Magna Carta 2 , what elso do you want?

Yeah I agree.

Around the Network
salaminizer said:

after reading this:

and a lot of posts and threads in the DA forums, I'm more than excited for this game, too bad it will only be released in October, so far away :(

Great link!

It sounded as if community built stuff will be available on consoles too!

I might get a PC and a PS3 version.

salaminizer said:

after reading this:

I wish more companies would focus on DLC like this.  They could get so much more money from me.  Right now, the only company that really does DLC right is Bethesda, which it appears that the dragan age team is modeling... so I'm even more pumped then ever!! :)

gergroy said:
salaminizer said:

after reading this:

I wish more companies would focus on DLC like this.  They could get so much more money from me.  Right now, the only company that really does DLC right is Bethesda, which it appears that the dragan age team is modeling... so I'm even more pumped then ever!! :)

well, they haven't really focused on DLC yet. they "promised" it for Mass Effect but there was only one piece.

but if you're talking about modding, they are really doing something big. there are plenty of games fully moddable for years now, but the hub thing is really awesome. and if there's in-game integration it's even better, "casual" players might not be aware that modding exist at all.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

salaminizer said:
gergroy said:
salaminizer said:

after reading this:

well, they haven't really focused on DLC yet. they "promised" it for Mass Effect but there was only one piece.

but if you're talking about modding, they are really doing something big. there are plenty of games fully moddable for years now, but the hub thing is really awesome. and if there's in-game integration it's even better, "casual" players might not be aware that modding exist at all.

true, they did promise it for mass effect and it never happened...  However, talking about modeling the bethesda model for dragon age gives me hope this game won't be like that.  I actually really liked the idea they talked about where they take the popular community made stuff, and then add additional polish and voice acting and then release it as DLC. 

so, they released some more details on the collectors edition here.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1007803p1.html

Now I am pretty torn. I will probably get either the 360 or pc versions because of the mass effect item. I was leaning pc version because, honestly, the community stuff would be awesome for this game, but that that would lock me into getting mass effect 2 on pc as well. I was planning on getting mass effect for my 360 because I think it fits better on a console. I just don't know what I'm going to get anymore...