By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony - Our PS3 motion controller trumps Wii/Wii MotionPlus

It didn't seem to me to be a particularly vitriolic comment. They spoke and referred to the closest point of reference.

Remember how "Sony shoots for the Sun?" Wii is the sun now.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Wii fanboys!?!?!? I didn't know they existed anymore! XD

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

I thought the Wiimote could perceive depth.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
I thought the Wiimote could perceive depth.

It can.... even without WM+

In a way it isn't "real" depth as such, because you could turn 180 degrees and it would do the same thing (so the depth is not always toward the TV, but rather away from your body)

In actual gameplay terms there is no advantage of the Sony motion control over a Wii remote with WM+ unless it is more accurate. And in fact, until I see it working I think it is at a disadvantage when it comes to pointer functions. (and it supposedly doesn't have a control stick, but I am sure Sony will add one to the final thing so that shouldn't be a problem)

zen get over it,

if sony it not innovative then whats microsoft doing?

they didn't even develop the tech they bought what was presentend in E 08.

Around the Network
Xoj said:
zen get over it,

if sony it not innovative then whats microsoft doing?

they didn't even develop the tech they bought what was presentend in E 08.

Fine, I agree. Sony, nor Microsoft are innovative at all. Who cares about Microsoft, to be honest? Why even bring them up?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
IxisNaugus said:
Whether it's better or not really isn't the point now is it...

If my friend makes a pie for a cookoff, and I steal his recipie, make the same pie he makes, and put a cherry on top of mine that he didn't have on his, my pie would be better....but I don't think I would have the gaull to go around flaunting the quality of my pie after I stole his recipie.

Hell, he didn't invent pie....but his pie sure was delicious, so I had to copy it if I wanted any chance of winning, didn't I?

Arrogantly gloating in front of him might piss him off though, and he has every right to be. It wasn't fair what I did, and he'll always have the ability to make new and better pies, but since I'm just a fraud who copied his good idea, I'm less likely to be able to come up with my own recipies in the future.

Even if I win the whole cookoff, I really lost.

No offense but that analogy is flawed. The PS wand isn't a direct rip-off of the Wiimote+.

Let's go broader and think about it this way. Nintendo made the first dessert blueberry pie and it became a hit, people wanted this edible sweet treat.
Sony seeing a business opportunity decided to make its own sweet dessert and came up with Blueberry cake. Yes they both have the same purpose, a sweet treat for dessert and yes the cake does have the same flavor(somewhat) as the pie due to it's blueberry goodness, but the concept behind it, the required ingredients involved, the way it was cooked is different. And even if the Cake cut into the Pie's profit, there should be no bad blood between the two. It's standard generic competition.

And some of you guys easily get your feathers riled up in a bunch.
Explain to me how this:
"one thing that he explained that got him the most excited and was the hardest to make sure everyone else 'got' was that little block demo and being able to accurately depict depth of field. That's what's missing in the Wii, even with Wii MotionPlus, that other axis. So that's going to be difficult to do without a controller. He was like, 'We've already done hands-free control with EyeToy, and what we found in that phase was that buttons ended up becoming necessary."

Accurately translates to this:
"Sony - Our PS3 motion controller trumps Wii/Wii MotionPlus due to depth of field"

That's pure flamebait guys, don't fall for it.
GoNintendo is just being manipulative.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

I'm sure me and the majority of consumers will sit down and wait for you Sony to release your motion controls instead of playing the Wii or Motionplus.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
angrypoolman said:

sony had more than just video games in mind when they added blu ray into their system; they had a format war to win. and i think they made the right decision even though their system is in last place. they finally created a new format that is a success and is actually the new standard. so props to them for doing that.

the only problem is that they arent really good at like... making video games.

I think they are good at making games, they are just really bad at business in general.

As far as the format war, yeah, Sony had the format war in mind when they added the BR. They didn't care if the Playstation crashed and burned, because if BR caught on because of it, Sony would become vastly more profitable.

I look upon that decision as a betreyal. They didn't care if the Playstation failed, and all of us gamers got screwed, as long as Blu-Ray lived on they could just write us off.

It's not secret I dislike Sony(but like the PS3). That jades my opinions, but above is what I truely believe.

Too bad for Sony their BluRay triumph is looking like it will be a phyrric victory since it is looking more and more like online distribution is going to cut the shelf life of BR's short.

Don't get me wrong, I like watching BRs but the convenience of being able to download a 1080p movie from Live or iTunes is pretty compelling.

I know that broadband isn't quite there for online distribution to totally take over, but if Verizon keeps laying fiber at the rate it is, Blu-Ray will not have anywhere near the level of dominance that DVDs had.

One other side note...  Many people I know say they can't tell the difference in BR and DVDs unless they have a newer 1080p screen and they don't think they are worth it.  This also doesn't bode well for BR as most consumers aren't technophiles and I would assume the convenience of on demand delivery is more appealing to the average consumer than an seemingly small (depending on their hardware) increase in picture quality when they already thought DVDs looked fine...

Now Playing!

^ This is you!

Too little too late.

At the end of the day it's just another attempt for Sony to cash in on Nintendo's success.

Nintendo makes analog the standard for 3d games, Later Sony releases their own controller with analog sticks for the Playstation.

Nintendo invents the rumble pack, later Sony releases a controller with their own rumble.

Nintendo makes motion control the standard, Sony comes out with their own motion controller.

Notice a trend?