By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats with all the hate on Halo?

Halo is an okay game in itself. Not god's gift to gaming like alot of people treat it. My main hate has usually been people who I've played it with. Many can't just treat it as a game, but get all personal whey they win / lose.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

Halo was critisised for its story not being as good, this is picky people looking for faults. If Gran Turismo lacks something eg a track then Gran Tusimo will get identical treatment but to a lesser extent. This site is about 50 - 35 - 15 Sony fans i would estimate making up half the site.

Well, I disagree on many levels.

I think Halo is vastly overrated and that the series continues to get worse with each entry in the series. I loved Halo, and while I didn't Halo 2 as much I still loved it. I stopped playing Halo 3 less than 2 months after release.

It's just not fun anymore, and there are much better alternatives.

This is coming from someone who read one of the books, and waiting out for Halo 2 and Halo 3 at Midnight.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

RolStoppable said:
kowenicki said:
Gran turismo does not get the same treatment... people might now be saying they think forza 3 could match it... but thats hardly criticism is it.

I hate Halo and Gran Turismo, but I hate Bioware more. Also, I did set up Super Smash Bros. Melee for quick elimination.

You Melee HATER!!!

Because it's popular, same with any other popular series.

And maybe it's just me, but I see more people complaining about the amount of Sony fans on this site than actual Sony fans.

Around the Network
FinalEvangelion said:
Halo is an okay game in itself. Not god's gift to gaming like alot of people treat it. My main hate has usually been people who I've played it with. Many can't just treat it as a game, but get all personal whey they win / lose.

I think that happens in every competetive game ever created.  Its just some people have a very competetive nature. 

RolStoppable said:
forest-spirit said:
RolStoppable said:
kowenicki said:
Gran turismo does not get the same treatment... people might now be saying they think forza 3 could match it... but thats hardly criticism is it.

I hate Halo and Gran Turismo, but I hate Bioware more. Also, I did set up Super Smash Bros. Melee for quick elimination.

You Melee HATER!!!

I didn't eliminate it and I never planned to. You should send the person who eliminated it some hate mail. Or report him. I did that during another elimination game and the reported poster got warned that he should never ever eliminate Metroid again. That guy learned his lesson.

Even if it's Metroid Prime Pinball?

Signature goes here!

RolStoppable said:
kowenicki said:

I thought you hated Mario Kart 64 as well.

OT: I'm such a revolutionary person that I don't even have an opinion on it.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

RolStoppable said:
kowenicki said:

RolStoppable said:
TruckOSaurus said:
RolStoppable said:

I didn't eliminate it and I never planned to. You should send the person who eliminated it some hate mail. Or report him. I did that during another elimination game and the reported poster got warned that he should never ever eliminate Metroid again. That guy learned his lesson.

Even if it's Metroid Prime Pinball?

It was about best franchises in gaming, not a single game.

Then I agree with you reporting that user. He should have been banned!

Signature goes here!