By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Soma said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
Oh haha yea I see what you mean. Back then Brazil was invincible.

Thats kinda like USA. Everyone in CONCACAF would suck their cock and let them finish first every year and win the Gold Cup. Mexico, Honduras, Rica and El Salvador give them a run for their money now.

I won't be surprised if a concacaf team takes Argentina to a penalty shoot out if they make the playoff.

Oh, I think this is the comment pastro243 is referring. I don't know why you're saying this, for many years Mexico has been "El Gigante de la Concacaf", the best team of Concacaf. Not only that, Mexico has 5 Gold Cups, one more than the USA. It's USA the one giving Mexico a run for their money now, not the other way around.

Yeah, that was the comment, so we could say Mexico and USA are kind of what Brasil and Argentina are for south america.

Around the Network
pastro243 said:
Soma said:
CaptainPrefrences said:

Thats kinda like USA. Everyone in CONCACAF would suck their cock and let them finish first every year and win the Gold Cup. Mexico, Honduras, Rica and El Salvador give them a run for their money now.

I won't be surprised if a concacaf team takes Argentina to a penalty shoot out if they make the playoff.

Oh, I think this is the comment pastro243 is referring. I don't know why you're saying this, for many years Mexico has been "El Gigante de la Concacaf", the best team of Concacaf. Not only that, Mexico has 5 Gold Cups, one more than the USA. It's USA the one giving Mexico a run for their money now, not the other way around.

Yeah, that was the comment, so we could say Mexico and USA are kind of what Brasil and Argentina are for south america.

Actually for the past 7 years the US has been dominating Concacaf up until now. The US won 3 gold cups in those years and ran over their opponents in qualifying. Teams were scared, now isnt the case.

Also the USA's "growth" is overrated. Yes they ship players off to Europe but tehy don't even fking start. The only American players I can think of that start are Bradley for that german team, howard for everton, and dempsey for fulham. The rest sit on the bench or play in some crap league in norway. The MLS isnt even that good. They still have the same playoff system and they are expanding to slowly. The next MLS team is coming in 2 years! Also whats with taht salary cap and no relegation? Lol Premier league teams come for the all star game, put in their C and D teams and the all stars still have trouble beating them.

CaptainPrefrences said:
pastro243 said:
Soma said:
CaptainPrefrences said:

Actually for the past 7 years the US has been dominating Concacaf up until now. The US won 3 gold cups in those years and ran over their opponents in qualifying. Teams were scared, now isnt the case.

Also the USA's "growth" is overrated. Yes they ship players off to Europe but tehy don't even fking start. The only American players I can think of that start are Bradley for that german team, howard for everton, and dempsey for fulham. The rest sit on the bench or play in some crap league in norway. The MLS isnt even that good. They still have the same playoff system and they are expanding to slowly. The next MLS team is coming in 2 years! Also whats with taht salary cap and no relegation? Lol Premier league teams come for the all star game, put in their C and D teams and the all stars still have trouble beating them.

Right, I agree with everything you said about the MLS. I meant to say that I understand Mexico and USA are the 2 big teams in CONCACAF, like argentina and brasil are here, keeping the difference knowing that teams in CONMEBOL are better.

pastro243 said:
CaptainPrefrences said:

Right, I agree with everything you said about the MLS. I meant to say that I understand Mexico and USA are the 2 big teams in CONCACAF, like argentina and brasil are here, keeping the difference knowing that teams in CONMEBOL are better.

The USA has definitely the possibility to be a big football nation one day and the growth was not too bad in the last years especially when it comes to tactics and the number of school kids playing football. The advantage they have over Mexico, is the Mexican league itself. While it is one of the best in the Americas, players tend to stay there. I know there are exceptions, but you need more young players to learn in Europe (wasn't there even a law, ruling out abroad-transfers of players younger than 26). The MLS is the typical US-conception of a sport-league. I think as well, that leagues without relegations suck, but now they can really show if this is just a concept for "American"-sports or if it works in the number one sport as well. Will be interesting to watch in the upcoming years...

Bradley plays for Borussia Mönchengladbach, a team fighting against relegation each year, and well he's an average player in a weak team (his grades where for 28 games last season averaged 4,19 - 1 is the best 6 is the worst).

The "shipment" to Europe is a start, which will continue and one day produce a world-class-player out of that 300+ million people living there.

All the US needs are two or three really good players, which can always happen, and then I see them having a fair chance to go for a WC final or even win it, if everything works towards them (Remember the incredibly bad squad Germany had in 2002 to and they still managed it into the final). One really important factor is as well the latino-population, which is always growing and they love football, don't they Maynard

^ Germany had a crap team that went to Korea in 2002 but at least Germany is a tournament team and those players are at a way higher level than USA. Sides, Germany got all the crap teams going to the final.

If the USA want to become like a France or Portugal or Italy they need these things

A new coach, preferably non american
Players that actually start for their teams.
They need to ship players off to good European teams or develop the MLS better.

The standard of play as I said b4 in the mlsis very poor. At least if they geta new manager, he can make something good of the players. Australia is a perfect example. The A league is crap but under Guus Hidink he was able to make something out of them.

Around the Network

On another topic, does anyone know how to make MY club team better?

As a keeper, I have to take all the shots during the game and while i make some good saves i can't stop everything. My team has a bunchof big egos, and my coach won't cut them. They don;t even come to practice, any suggestions? It would be nice.

CaptainPrefrences said:
On another topic, does anyone know how to make MY club team better?

As a keeper, I have to take all the shots during the game and while i make some good saves i can't stop everything. My team has a bunchof big egos, and my coach won't cut them. They don;t even come to practice, any suggestions? It would be nice.

In Germany I would advise you, go out and drink a beer with your team mates after each practice, but you're not allowed to drink beer in Canada at your age. Other than that: change the team, if you want to take it more seriously.

Ban WAG's.
That seems to be working over here.

latest:

Man City 1-1 Arsenal
Burnley 0-3 Liverpool
Portsmouth 2-2 Bolton
Stoke 1-1 Chelsea

Man City 2-1 Arsenal

Bellamy