By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Farmageddon said:
Faxanadu said:

Why against Germany? You know that Uruguay has also won the WC already?

80 years ago, agains only 12 other teams.

And 60 years ago, against 13 other teams.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Around the Network

Spain definetly doesnt deserve to win imo after what I saw from them until now ofcourse that can change in the next game. If Germany will loose I hope Netherlands will win.

Its not about which team would be cool to win its just about which team played the best football in this WC. And for my taste if its not Germany then it should be Netherlands.

oliist said:
Farmageddon said:
Faxanadu said:

Why against Germany? You know that Uruguay has also won the WC already?

80 years ago, agains only 12 other teams.

And 60 years ago, against 13 other teams.

Oh, true. Always seem to forget that.

PS3beats360 said:

The grief process.

The failure of your national football team pulls the heart strings of football fans around the world.

1. Shock

2. Anger

3. Denial

4. Grief

Repeat 1 to 4 over and over. 

5. Acceptance. 

It may take some people longer than others to accept their team is out and move on. 

Unexpected failures of football heavy weights France, Italy, England, Brazil and Argentina in early stages of World Cup has left football fans grieving around the world.

My brain says Germany will win the World Cup. My heart wants any team other than Germany to win the World Cup. C'mon: Spain, Holland and Uruguay you guys can beat Germany. 

West Germany has won the World Cup 3  times. Reunited Germany has never  won the World Cup. 

Wasnt Gemany already reunited in 1990?

lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

The way Germany plays this tournament is just awesome.

hardest group (The only group with 2 quartfinal participants)
England
Argentina
Spain
Netherlands

IF we manage to win the cup, nobody can ever say we did not deserve it.

not on paper... dont forget, PAPER IS WHAT COUNTS on the field, screw the performance if you're good on paper, you'll make it to at least quarter finals, just like France, England, Italy and Portugal...

That statement holds no bar anymore. Why stop in the quarterfinal participants, if you want to make those ridiculous claims? 

Now, following your, "logic", the hardest group were the ones with Semi-Final participants. Quarter-final participants are now overrated, the semis is where it's at.

Now we have 4 groups of death!!! omfg, first WC ever having four groups of death

/s

no, the hardest group was the one where both teams from the same group made it to quarter finals (semi finals or finals, it doesnt matter) while no other teams from the same other group did

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:

Some where not exactly happen in Brazil:

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/1023361/b297352c/ondertussen_in_brazili_.html (just watch the vid).;

Kids....

i feel kinda sorry for that kid...i hope he gets over it. But at least his country won the wolrd cup 5 times already... i hope spain or holland win this, simply becuase they never won before...

pizzahut451 said:
Lostplanet22 said:

Some where not exactly happen in Brazil:

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/1023361/b297352c/ondertussen_in_brazili_.html (just watch the vid).;

Kids....

i feel kinda sorry for that kid...i hope he gets over it. But at least his country won the wolrd cup 5 times already... i hope spain or holland win this, simply becuase they never won before...

But five titles aren't enough for us. If one pays attention to this, he or she will see that, from every south american nation which was eliminated, only Brazil was booed and attacked by their own supporters (rightly, if you ask me), while Argentina, Chile and Paraguay were acclaimed by their people (even Larissa Riquelme changed her mind!). And even if Uruguay loses to the Netherlands, they will be considered heroes there (specially Suarez, in the greatest move ever in this World Cup).

The problem is that we brazilians don't accept the fact that our team was defeated and we're always searching for a villain: in 1998 was Ronaldo, in 2006 was Roberto Carlos and now we have Felipe "Dr. Jekyll" Melo and coach Dunga "Burro". But, unlike 2006, I wasn't that pissed off by the elimination (in 2006, it was unacceptable to lose to the mediocre French team having such stars). Strangely, it is a bit mysterious this anger towards the team: few people supported Dunga, but all brazilians thought the team would the the world champion.

All our hopes are in 2014 and, if I have a guess, the new brazilian coach will be Mano Menezes, being replaced by Felipão in 2012/2013.

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
benao87 said:
PS3beats360 said:

The grief process.

The failure of your national football team pulls the heart strings of football fans around the world.

1. Shock

2. Anger

3. Denial

4. Grief

Repeat 1 to 4 over and over. 

5. Acceptance. 

It may take some people longer than others to accept their team is out and move on. 

Unexpected failures of football heavy weights France, Italy, England, Brazil and Argentina in early stages of World Cup has left football fans grieving around the world.

My brain says Germany will win the World Cup. My heart wants any team other than Germany to win the World Cup. C'mon: Spain, Holland and Uruguay you guys can beat Germany. 

West Germany has won the World Cup 3  times. Reunited Germany has never  won the World Cup. 

Wasnt Gemany already reunited in 1990?

3. october 1990  is the offical date, and the last game the national team of the DDR played was on 12 september 1990

pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

The way Germany plays this tournament is just awesome.

hardest group (The only group with 2 quartfinal participants)
England
Argentina
Spain
Netherlands

IF we manage to win the cup, nobody can ever say we did not deserve it.

not on paper... dont forget, PAPER IS WHAT COUNTS on the field, screw the performance if you're good on paper, you'll make it to at least quarter finals, just like France, England, Italy and Portugal...

That statement holds no bar anymore. Why stop in the quarterfinal participants, if you want to make those ridiculous claims? 

Now, following your, "logic", the hardest group were the ones with Semi-Final participants. Quarter-final participants are now overrated, the semis is where it's at.

Now we have 4 groups of death!!! omfg, first WC ever having four groups of death

/s

no, the hardest group was the one where both teams from the same group made it to quarter finals (semi finals or finals, it doesnt matter) while no other teams from the same other group did

Of course you would say semi finals don't matter. It wouldn't matter even if a group had two teams on the semi-finals or in the final. Because you came up with that insane theory yourself. Keep up with it though, it bodes you well

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Atleast I have Tour De France to watch ^^'.

Yeah I felt sad aswell with the Brazilian kid....Football is not just a sport it is war...