By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Slimebeast said:
lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:
PS3beats360 said:

Brazil were the World Cup favourites, over hyped, over rated. They clearly deserved to lose and exit the World Cup. Brazil played the man instead of the ball and should of been reduced to 8 players in the end. Dirty reckless team who could not handle defeat. Brazil exit the World Cup in a disgrace. They only lost by a goal but they were smashed in the second half.

Well deserved 2-1 win by the Dutch.

No way man. Im happy Holland won but they didn't deserve it in that match against Brazil.

Brazil was much better, but not only that, Holland was the team that played a bit too dirty, they played far too rough and they had the referee on their side.

Brazil did well in this tournament, they got nothing to be ashamed of.

Holland will be dangerous in the final though, obviously. This is their chance to write history.

Holland - Spain 2-1 in extra time, I hope.

Erm.....what were you watching?

This referee was one of the best over the whole WC. Just because it didn't signal every touch on Brazil players =/= bad referee. Yes, Brazil is a team like every other, shocking isn't it? 

Also, Holland played dirty? Yes, there were some forced dives here and there, but there was also some brutal tackles from Brazil's players, especially on the second half, when they found themselves on the losing side.

Brazil played better for the entire match? I guess you saw a different second half than the rest of the world, since Brazil got down on the ropes until the last 10 minutes when they found themselves in the need for scoring a goal. Holland had enough chances to finish the game 4-1 at least. 

I'm kinda happy u saw it that way, and hopefully the whole world agrees with u. Because Im cheering for Holland and obviously I don't want them to advance unfairly.

Brazil had trouble changing their strat after the 2-1 yes, that was kinda weak, but until that they dominated Holland. Holland played dirty as in simply far too rough. And the ref's tolerance level favoured Holland's tough play.

But as I said I don't mind the world looking at it differently. I want Holland to win World Cup.

You say that the tolerance level for Holland was high, but you seem to dismiss the fact that Brazilian players had some high amount of rough tackles on the second half, especially when they got down to 2-1.

And the referee was very permissive to Brazilian players gesticulating with quite some accentuated vigor against his decisions (Van Bommel is also guilty of this). If he had enforced FIFA rules against those kind of protests, more Brazil players would have seen the yellow card sooner in the match. Instead, he let those protests go by and instead gave yellow cards to Holland's players.

It's true that Brazil dominated the match on the first half, but it was just as much as Holland dominated on the second half. 

If this game was won by Dirty tactics used by the Dutch side, then I quiver at the thought of the amount of dirty tactics used by other teams so far, especially Spain. 

I'm not doubting that you're cheering for Holland, but logically and rationally, there's not much taints to be found on their performance on this game.

Edit - Most of us here are, but I always been a fan of Holland. I'll be quite happy, should they win this WC

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:
PS3beats360 said:

Brazil were the World Cup favourites, over hyped, over rated. They clearly deserved to lose and exit the World Cup. Brazil played the man instead of the ball and should of been reduced to 8 players in the end. Dirty reckless team who could not handle defeat. Brazil exit the World Cup in a disgrace. They only lost by a goal but they were smashed in the second half.

Well deserved 2-1 win by the Dutch.

No way man. Im happy Holland won but they didn't deserve it in that match against Brazil.

Brazil was much better, but not only that, Holland was the team that played a bit too dirty, they played far too rough and they had the referee on their side.

Brazil did well in this tournament, they got nothing to be ashamed of.

Holland will be dangerous in the final though, obviously. This is their chance to write history.

Holland - Spain 2-1 in extra time, I hope.

Erm.....what were you watching?

This referee was one of the best over the whole WC. Just because it didn't signal every touch on Brazil players =/= bad referee. Yes, Brazil is a team like every other, shocking isn't it? 

Also, Holland played dirty? Yes, there were some forced dives here and there, but there was also some brutal tackles from Brazil's players, especially on the second half, when they found themselves on the losing side.

Brazil played better for the entire match? I guess you saw a different second half than the rest of the world, since Brazil got down on the ropes until the last 10 minutes when they found themselves in the need for scoring a goal. Holland had enough chances to finish the game 4-1 at least. 

I'm kinda happy u saw it that way, and hopefully the whole world agrees with u. Because Im cheering for Holland and obviously I don't want them to advance unfairly.

Brazil had trouble changing their strat after the 2-1 yes, that was kinda weak, but until that they dominated Holland. Holland played dirty as in simply far too rough. And the ref's tolerance level favoured Holland's tough play.

Obviously with a slightly confused Brazil hunting for the equalizer Holland had chances that could have given them 4-1, but that didn't reflect the true strength balance between the two teams.

But as I said I don't mind the world looking at it differently. I want Holland to win World Cup.

Btw, aren't Portuguese ppl huge fans of Brazil?

I agree with you, Robben acting was too much , it got on my nerves but hey , almost every team does that.

I have a bad feeling about this.

lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:

If this game was won by Dirty tactics used by the Dutch side, then I quiver at the thought of the amount of dirty tactics used by other teams so far, especially Spain

Do i smell a little bitterness?

its not a boring world cup

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:

If this game was won by Dirty tactics used by the Dutch side, then I quiver at the thought of the amount of dirty tactics used by other teams so far, especially Spain

A bit, I don't deny it, but I also admitted at the time that Spain played better than Portugal too. It's just that they didn't need to win with those tactics. 

But I wasn't talking only about the game against Portugal. Villa punched a Honduras defender in the face and got away with it, Torres faked a ridiculous dive (that everybody with half a brain saw it was fake) and got the Chile defender expelled, effectively destroying any comeback chances they could have.

These kind of tactics, trying to destroy your adversary instead of out-playing them, is one of the worst attitudes in current day football.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:
lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:

A bit, I don't deny it, but I also admitted at the time that Spain played better than Portugal too. It's just that they didn't need to win with those tactics. 

But I wasn't talking only about the game against Portugal. Villa punched a Honduras defender in the face and got away with it, Torres faked a ridiculous dive (that everybody with half a brain saw it was fake) and got the Chile defender expelled, effectively destroying any comeback chances they could have.

These kind of tactics, trying to destroy your adversary instead of out-playing them, is one of the worst attitudes in current day football.

what like cristiano......

its not current,its always been here and always will

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:
lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:

what like cristiano......

its not current,its always been here and always will

Cristiano dives a lot and he should get more yellow cards/red cards for it, that's completely true. But I never saw him, on Sporting, Man Und, Real Madrid and Portugal in these past 6 years trying to get another player expelled like that, nor getting physically violent with them. I'm happy to be proven wrong though, if there's any replays showing it. 

I know that kind of plays have been in football since it's conception, but there has been too many proeminent as of late.

Current PC Build

Stop diving dammit. Stupid.

Why don't almost any referees have the guts to add proper extra time? Only 1 minute now when there were 3-4 minites of delay due to injuries and faking.