By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Barozi said:
pastro243 said:

Ok its over, bad luck here, getting against the best team in the world is shit.

Now Ill root for Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay and Brazil.

I'd rather see Germany play against Brazil next than against Argentina. Best team on the paper due to the unreliable FIFA ranking.

Brazil kicked Argentinas ass in the qualifiers, and they finished first, Argentina has been playing good, but I still put 3 of the teams from south america over them. In Argentina they dont wanna face any of the south american countries.

And if it was up to me, Id rather face Argentina than Brazil, by a lot.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
pastro243 said:

I'd rather see Germany play against Brazil next than against Argentina. Best team on the paper due to the unreliable FIFA ranking.

I don't. Germany has a negative bilance against both countries, but Brazil, out of all countries, has the one national team which is historically the hardest one to beat for a German national team. GER-ARG: 18 games, 5/5/8. GER-BRA: 20 games, 3/5/12.

pastro243 said:
Barozi said:
pastro243 said:

Brazil kicked Argentinas ass in the qualifiers, and they finished first, Argentina has been playing good, but I still put 3 of the teams from south america over them. In Argentina they dont wanna face any of the south american countries.

I know, but England also kicked lots of asses, but that apparently didn't help much in this tournament either.

You're kidding yourself if you think that the current Argentinian team is as weak as in the South America qualification. Both Brazil and Argentina tested loads of players, but now both coaches finally found their favourite players.

Maybe Spain can prove me wrong tomorrow, but thus far Argentina played easily the best and most consistent football in this world cup.

okr said:
Barozi said:
pastro243 said:

I don't. Germany has a negative bilance against both countries, but Brazil, out of all countries, has the one national team which is historically the hardest one to beat for a German national team. GER-ARG: 18 games, 5/5/8. GER-BRA: 20 games, 3/5/12.

It would be time to catch up a bit.

England was a good start

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network
Barozi said:
pastro243 said:
Barozi said:
pastro243 said:

I know, but England also kicked lots of asses, but that apparently didn't help much in this tournament either.

You're kidding yourself if you think that the current Argentinian team is as weak as in the South America qualification. Both Brazil and Argentina tested loads of players, but now both coaches finally found their favourite players.

Maybe Spain can prove me wrong tomorrow, but thus far Argentina played easily the best and most consistent football in this world cup.

Yeah but England played Andorra, Kazakhstan, Belarus, etc... of course any of the teams they could meet in the WC would be stronger, now, if they had played against other big teams in UEFA that could be an indicative of how they would do.

If you notice, there isnt much difference between the 2 teams that played in the qualifiers last year, and Maradona isnt a great manager so I dont think he did much work at all. What I believe is that the teams that have played Argentina this WC have been shitty, worse than the ones they played in the qualifiers.

Argentina has played well, but I dont think they are actually much better than in the qualifiers, I think most people in other parts of the world dont realize that the CONMEBOL qualifiers are hard and thought Argentina was playing crap, when in reality they werent so bad at all. They said: "haha they lost to Ecuador"(when Ecuador could have easily done a better WC than most of the teams in other confederations).

You can see they beat Germany and France in friendlies too, but when they played Boliva in la paz or with Brazil they got humilliated.

Brazil on the other hand hasnt lost, and they won the confederation cup, finished 1st in the qualifiers playing with big teams, etc... They dont show much but if you get confident in a match that actually means something they will probably strike 2 goals in a few minutes, thats the way they play now.

pastro243 said:
Barozi said:
pastro243 said:
Barozi said:
pastro243 said:

Yeah but England played Andorra, Kazakhstan, Belarus, etc... of course any of the teams they could meet in the WC would be stronger, now, if they had played against other big teams in UEFA that could be an indicative of how they would do.

If you notice, there isnt much difference between the 2 teams that played in the qualifiers last year, and Maradona isnt a great manager so I dont think he did much work at all. What I believe is that the teams that have played Argentina this WC have been shitty, worse than the ones they played in the qualifiers.

Argentina has played well, but I dont think they are actually much better than in the qualifiers, I think most people in other parts of the world dont realize that the CONMEBOL qualifiers are hard and thought Argentina was playing crap, when in reality they werent so bad at all. They said: "haha they lost to Ecuador"(when Ecuador could have easily done a better WC than most of the teams in other confederations).

You can see they beat Germany and France in friendlies too, but when they played Boliva in la paz or with Brazil they got humilliated.

Brazil on the other hand hasnt lost, and they won the confederation cup, finished 1st in the qualifiers playing with big teams, etc... They dont show much but if you get confident in a match that actually means something they will probably strike 2 goals in a few minutes, thats the way they play now.

you're spot on haha not many journalists around here seem to value this. they're all crying about how this is not Brazilian football. I don't really care, my team (Internacional) never played "Brazilian football" and I didn't grow up watching Brazil playing "Brazilian football". they want us to play like they used to do in 82 or, worse, 70.

if we played differently, I'd like us to play like Germany, that plays towards the goal, rather than Spain, that basically keeps moving the ball around.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

pastro243 said:
Barozi said:
pastro243 said:
Barozi said:
pastro243 said:

Yeah sure pick out the worst teams in that group to prove a point...

Ukraine and Croatia were also in that group and both of them are strong enough to easily compete with Algeria, Slovenia and even the US.

I don't like Maradona as a manager either, but that doesn't mean it was pure luck they won over their opponents in the WC. While it certainly wasn't a group of death, Nigeria, South Korea and Greece are not any weaker than Bolivia or Peru.

As far as I can see a 0-0 and a 1-3 is not a humiliation. Brazil had 7 draws during the qualification and were beaten by Bolivia too...

Oh dear, Netherlands - Brazil... I don't have a good feeling about this!

Barozi said:
pastro243 said:
Barozi said:
pastro243 said:
Barozi said:
pastro243 said:

Yeah sure pick out the worst teams in that group to prove a point...

Ukraine and Croatia were also in that group and both of them are strong enough to easily compete with Algeria, Slovenia and even the US.

I don't like Maradona as a manager either, but that doesn't mean it was pure luck they won over their opponents in the WC. While it certainly wasn't a group of death, Nigeria, South Korea and Greece are not any weaker than Bolivia or Peru.

As far as I can see a 0-0 and a 1-3 is not a humiliation. Brazil had 7 draws during the qualification and were beaten by Bolivia too...

6-1 is humiliation, and 3-1 is when they beat you home by a team you said wasnt as strong as they used to, we all talked on how shitty Brazil was playing before we played them, and they kicked our asses when they needed to. And Brazil lost with Bolivia when they were already qualified, and in La Paz.

And while Nigeria, North Korea and Greece arent weaker than Peru or Bolivia, they didnt have to play in Peru(strong at home, didnt loose much matches except a few there) or Bolivia(very high ground, what sucks for Argentinians and Brazilians). Ecuador is very hard when you play in Quito for the same reasons Bolivia but they are better.

We qualified 2nd and we didnt have it easy in almost any match, every match was hard, even the likes of Venezuela, Peru and Bolivia. And while England played against 2 good teams, they didnt have to fight against Germany, Italy, Spain and all of the big dogs in UEFA.