By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Chile's defense looked hilariously bad here.

And I know that a few of their defenders are banned for this game. Still very bad.

Around the Network

Chile - Too much focus on offense and forgot that Brazil is a fast transitions team. Brazil scored on mistakes made by the Chilean defense.

Brazil - Playing slowly and not pressing that much. Probably saving strength for the clash against Holland?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

Chile - Too much focus on offense and forgot that Brazil is a fast transitions team. Brazil scored on mistakes made by the Chilean defense.

Brazil - Playing slowly and not pressing that much. Probably saving strength for the clash against Holland?

Dunno if I will even watch that game. 5 goals today from these 2 teams and I'm still kinda bored.

I enjoyed the first 4 knockout games way more.

Barozi said:
lestatdark said:

Dunno if I will even watch that game. 5 goals today from these 2 teams and I'm still kinda bored.

I enjoyed the first 4 knockout games way more.

I'm only going to watch it because I have a feeling that Holland is going to win against Brazil. Quite frankly, both teams haven't shown much. Now, if Uruguay manages to get to the semi-final against any of them, that's going to be one very interesting match

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

come on guys holland v brasil quarter final at the world cup

whats wrong with that,sounds good to me

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

It's not that it doesn't have potential to be an amazing game, but both teams played pretty boorish today. As Barozi said, the first four games were far more exciting than these last two.

Hopefully, Spain and Portugal put up an exciting match tomorrow

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:

It's not that it doesn't have potential to be an amazing game, but both teams played pretty boorish today. As Barozi said, the first four games were far more exciting than these last two.

I bet they will and this will be Spain's first real test at this WC. In 2004 the Portuguese national team finally became one of the big European contenders imo. It doesn't really matter to me that they lost their own EURO final (though it was a pain for every real football fan to see a good team missing their ultimate opportunity to win a title). They are a real contender now for a title and have a good team at this WC imo. I see them generally on par in Europe with NED since 2004, also because they both are big football nations despite being small countries compared to GER/ITA/FRA/ESP. Portugal just needs a breakthrough title like Spain 2 years ago.

It will be hard enough and maybe 2010 is too soon, but if one team out of the GER/ARG/ESP/POR side of the match table will win this title, they will be called world champions for a reason.

okr said:
lestatdark said:

I bet they will and this will be Spain's first real test at this WC. In 2004 the Portuguese national team finally became one of the big European contenders imo. It doesn't really matter to me that they lost their own EURO final (though it was a pain for every real football fan to see a good team missing their ultimate opportunity to win a title). They are a real contender now for a title and have a good team at this WC imo. I see them generally on par in Europe with NED since 2004, also because they both are big football nations despite being small countries compared to GER/ITA/FRA/ESP. Portugal just needs a breakthrough title like Spain 2 years ago.

It will be hard enough and maybe 2010 is too soon, but if one team out of the GER/ARG/ESP/POR side of the match table will win this title, they will be called world champions for a reason.

Portugal has a chance to demonstrate if they're indeed champion material in the match against Spain. Personally, I don't think we're going to win, specially since Spain has been on a crescendo in this WC. 

If we do manage to win, then this will shown the actual determination that the boys have. In any way, I hope it will be a Final-Quality material match, with both teams playing their best game

I still have physical pains with that Euro 2004 Final That year was almost the perfect year for Porto fans. We had just won the Champions League and Portugal, whose base 11-players had 7 of the squad that won the CL was in grasp of winning the UEFA Euro Cup. It was hard to digest. 

Oh well, Karma has taken care of the greeks since then

Current PC Build

Ok its over, bad luck here, getting against the best team in the world is shit.

Now Ill root for Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay and Brazil.

Oh, I forgot, great referree, the best Ive seen this WC.

pastro243 said:

Ok its over, bad luck here, getting against the best team in the world is shit.

Now Ill root for Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay and Brazil.

I'd rather see Germany play against Brazil next than against Argentina. Best team on the paper due to the unreliable FIFA ranking.