By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
Gnizmo said:

Holland - Brazil is almost certain. Holland seems to have been vastly under-rated in most of these discussions. They have done really well so far. Even came out the top spot in the "group of death." Mind you, I think that label is a bunch of crap in this tournament, but I heard a couple commentators reference it which counts for something small at the least. More impressive is the fact that they are one of two teams to win all their group matches, and only allow 1 goal. The other team, Argentina, is getting talked up quite a bit

Actually, most descriptions I've seen around for the "group of death" was for group H, where Brazil, Ivory Coast and Portugal were. In sheer quality, those three teams together surpass Holland, Japan, Denmark and Cameroon. 

Group of Death was obviously group D...

Germany, Serbia, Ghana and Australia? In that spectrum, every group was the group of death then

Easy win for Holland on this game. A Brazil - Holland game on the quarter finals would prove to be amazing, but Brazil still has to overcome Chile.

say whatever you want but both teams from group D are in quarter finals...we cant say the same about group A, B and C, and most likely E and G...

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:

what a great chance for that slovak,shame i like to see extra time,

@sadman we're all depressed but you have to move on,nothing we can do now

but hope someone at the FA has a brain and appoints a manager that actually plays a formation to suit the players,

i've said it before but whats wrong with having a lampard or gerrard on the bench

i'm still amazed we play a 4-4-2 without any actual wingers,if we played a formation that didn't need wingers we'd probably play 2

it just sucks, I love national teams matches much more than clubs, so i only have euro cup and world cup to wait for , every 2 years :(

what sucks the most is my favourite England not playing well in the 4 matches and my favourite player buffon was out too soon.

The slovakian guy jumped so it could get to four goals on the cup :P 

I'd bet on Holland vs. Argentina on the final, with the later becoming champions for the third time and the dutchs upset with the defeat like in 1978. You heard it here first :D

Barozi said:
kowenicki said:
Barozi said:

someone's angry ? :D

what gives you that idea... 

I was last night... I'm ok now...

But that was the single worst performance I have ever seen from any side in any world cup.  Defensively.. amateurish at best... such basic errors. 

Dont get your hopes up.

Whilst Argentina probably played the best football in the group stage, they weren't playing awesome either yesterday.

Their defence is certainly not the best, just as ours. Will be a close match of two equal teams.

German defence withstood the relentless attack of England who had more chances and more possession. The Germans scored two goals on the counter attack in second half. Defensive errors from England cost them dearly conceding four soft goals in total. Winning 4 goals to 1 with only 45% possession against a star team is an amazing achievement.

Argentina (QF), Spain (SF) or Brazil(Final?) those teams will start as the clear favourites against Germany. Germany may be able to knock them off one at a time, if they play well and  have the luck on the day. 

Holland played crap against Slovakia. Brazil would eat up the Dutch team if they play like that on Friday night. Brazil must beat Chile, but that should be a cakewalk. 

Slovakia had some clear chances and should of equalised in the second half to make it 1 all. That second Dutch goal was soft, conceded by poor defending from the Slovaks who were  protesting the referee's decision.  2-0 with 5 minutes to go it was Game Over!

Around the Network
PS3beats360 said:

Holland played crap against Slovakia. Brazil would eat up the Dutch team if they play like that on Friday night. Brazil must beat Chile, but that should be a cakewalk. 

Slovakia had some clear chances and should of equalised in the second half to make it 1 all. That second Dutch goal was soft, conceded by poor defending from the Slovaks who were  protesting the referee's decision.  2-0 with 5 minutes to go it was Game Over!

Neh... if we played crap we would have lost... Holland plays ugly... there is a difference in that... like England & France playing crap and ugly.. a lot of teams have played ugly..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

haxxiy said:

I'd bet on Holland vs. Argentina on the final, with the later becoming champions for the third time and the dutchs upset with the defeat like in 1978. You heard it here first :D

Hmmm interesting. Holland will beat Brazil? Argentina will beat both Germany and Spain? 

I predict Brazil versus Spain Final. World number 1 versus World number 2. The Spanish need to win the World Cup. But Brazil will win it. 

PS3beats360 said:
haxxiy said:

Hmmm interesting. Holland will beat Brazil? Argentina will beat both Germany and Spain? 

I predict Brazil versus Spain Final. World number 1 versus World number 2. The Spanish need to win the World Cup. But Brazil will win it. 

Our team is shit, our coach is shit and Spain is all smoke and no fire like England. Stop going by ranks because this isn't Tennis.

pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
Gnizmo said:

Holland - Brazil is almost certain. Holland seems to have been vastly under-rated in most of these discussions. They have done really well so far. Even came out the top spot in the "group of death." Mind you, I think that label is a bunch of crap in this tournament, but I heard a couple commentators reference it which counts for something small at the least. More impressive is the fact that they are one of two teams to win all their group matches, and only allow 1 goal. The other team, Argentina, is getting talked up quite a bit

Actually, most descriptions I've seen around for the "group of death" was for group H, where Brazil, Ivory Coast and Portugal were. In sheer quality, those three teams together surpass Holland, Japan, Denmark and Cameroon. 

Group of Death was obviously group D...

Germany, Serbia, Ghana and Australia? In that spectrum, every group was the group of death then

Easy win for Holland on this game. A Brazil - Holland game on the quarter finals would prove to be amazing, but Brazil still has to overcome Chile.

say whatever you want but both teams from group D are in quarter finals...we cant say the same about group A, B and C, and most likely E and G...

So if group G teams get to the quarter finals and further, you'll change your interpretation of group of death? Somehow, I don't think you will

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

chile doing well,

good reffing from webber,not giving out pointless cards yet

Above & Beyond