By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What a game!

Germany deserved to win - England was definitely dominant from minute 35 to 70, but the other two thirds of the game Germany was.

The unseen 2:2 was very bad luck for England, but I don't think it would have changed anything.

I'm rather sure we will lose against Argentina, but after this game today that will be fine for me. :)

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Lord Flashheart said:

"It is my estimate that it was not quite or entirely a goal. A part of the ball was on the line. But let me add two things. This was, so far, the best 'goal' of the match,"

Sounds like a goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__MJV11nRqU

Hmm, looks like one to me.

Hope you were kidding here.

Even if the ball is 99% in the goal, it's still not a goal. Footage can't prove or disprove this.

Agre to dissagree then as you haven't offered anything conclusive yourself. The goal today though there is no arguing that.

Great match :).  Enjoying the aftermatch ^^'

Well well.

You have to feel for England but they were outplayed for most of the match, and their defense was utterly shambolic.I'm still shocked they played so badly this entire tournament. Shocked and delighted.

So who will the English press blame, the Uruguayan linesman or the Italian manager?

Around the Network
Lord Flashheart said:
lestatdark said:
Lord Flashheart said:

I guess English isn't your first language lestatdark so maybe you meant to say TWO people not TOO many people.

God, I just found two examples from a five minute search. Should I go search for every comment just to satisfy you? And since in my College I study with a couple of English students, I've hear worse comments than those, unfortunately there isn't a quote box for real life A bit touchy are we not? Oh, and good job attacking my english. Quality stuff in there

Edit - Sorry, just saw your edit after posting it. Damn slow internet *face slaps himself*

@SciFiBoy.

Of course it's being called a fan, but there's also something called realistic expectations  

I wasn't attacking your English. I don't do that. I think it's petty to attack someone who speaks a second language and i have said so on this site a few times before. A search will bring that up. I should have put a to show I was being sarky not insulting.

On a side note how do you search the forums now?

I just did a page by page search. I remembered some pages that had these comments that was all. Searching on VGC now is completely broken. 

Either way, I only saw the rest of your post after posting mine, that's why the face slap to myself

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

It would be naive to say the match would have been the same if it was 2-2 coming out of half time.

Englands defense was a shambles this game though, there was no pace at the back and they were spread out at times they shouldn't have.  Rooney was a non-factor the entire game, I don;t think he should have been on.

German team is looking great this year.

Barozi said:

Guess it was no goal. Ref was right

lestatdark said:

I just did a page by page search. I remembered some pages that had these comments that was all. Searching on VGC now is completely broken. 

Either way, I only saw the rest of your post after posting mine, that's why the face slap to myself

Yeah i have a horrible habit of editing my post directly after posting so don't blame yourself. Going of my origingal post your reaction was correct as I failed to get my point across correctly.

I really shouldn't do that.

kennyrester said:

Well well.

You have to feel for England but they were outplayed for most of the match, and their defense was utterly shambolic.I'm still shocked they played so badly this entire tournament. Shocked and delighted.

So who will the English press blame, the Uruguayan linesman or the Italian manager?

Everyone in the England camp.

It's a myth that they have nothing but praise for England. They don't. In fact they rarely do. Everyone in the England camp will come under attack from them now and there will be nothing but praise for the Germans. As for the goal and the ref... well they have a right to not be happy with that and to want answers for it.