By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your to 5 Anime series?

Words Of Wisdom said:

c03n3nj0 - Your anime list shows a bit of taste but little capacity to expand beyond the mainstream "everyone likes that one" titles.

SciFiBoy - Your anime list shows that you like drama almost a little too much to be healthy. Haruhi leaves some room for hope however.

rafiachamp - Your anime list shows you only watch adult swim.

ZZetaAlec - Your anime list shows a very heavy bias toward mecha which is fine though somewhat narrow however you pick some very interesting and miss-able titles despite leaning toward a very crowded genre.

gomezc - Your anime list shows a promise as though it is mostly filled with more common anime, the remembrance of 08th MS Team says a lot about your ability to recognize quality anime when you see it.

Gnac - Your anime list features Genshiken which means you're an Otaku. You've probably seen more than enough anime to know exactly what you like.

-Newcloud- - Your anime list is filled with common anime which means you should watch more anime. It's sad that you don't get to see more where you live. :(

im broadaning my horizons, lol, heres my full anime watching details: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SciFiBoy

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:

c03n3nj0 - Your anime list shows a bit of taste but little capacity to expand beyond the mainstream "everyone likes that one" titles.

SciFiBoy - Your anime list shows that you like drama almost a little too much to be healthy. Haruhi leaves some room for hope however.

rafiachamp - Your anime list shows you only watch adult swim.

ZZetaAlec - Your anime list shows a very heavy bias toward mecha which is fine though somewhat narrow however you pick some very interesting and miss-able titles despite leaning toward a very crowded genre.

gomezc - Your anime list shows a promise as though it is mostly filled with more common anime, the remembrance of 08th MS Team says a lot about your ability to recognize quality anime when you see it.

Gnac - Your anime list features Genshiken which means you're an Otaku. You've probably seen more than enough anime to know exactly what you like.

-Newcloud- - Your anime list is filled with common anime which means you should watch more anime. It's sad that you don't get to see more where you live. :(

No scathing remark aimed at me?

I'm hurt. :'(

1. Trigun
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Outlaw Star
4. Cromartie High School
5. Desert Punk
6. Xam'd
7. Valkyria Chronicles
8. Elfen Lied
9. Chrono Crusade
10. This Ugly, Yet Beautiful World

Honorable Mentions: Gravion, Maburaho, and Divergence EVE. Ok, last one is for lulz. And sorry for including so many.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Words Of Wisdom said:

That's why they're awesome!

But, I'm still gonna diversify. I'm going by the recommendations from that my thread I made a while ago...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

1. Code Geass
2. Neon Genesis Evangelion
3. Baccano!
4. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
5. Death Note

I think I'm not forgetting any.

Haha, I loved WoW's analysis

Around the Network

can i just tag this and come back later? im always looking for new anime to watch..

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
Words Of Wisdom said:

To be fair, I'm only listing five out of all the anime I've seen. I like lots of different genres but you are right that my preference is toward mecha/Sci-fi.

Words Of Wisdom said:

Thanks I appreciate that.  I've seen a lot of anime (My wife is much more of an avid anime-goer than I) and chose to put the ones that influenced my taste for most other anime.  

DBZ I saw when I was 15 for the first time and satisfies my taste for exaggerated action and power.  (Naruto = same premise)

Mushishi is calm and peaceful, good to watch with a up of hot tea during a rainy day.

Outlaw Star - Propelled me into outer-space themed anime.

08th MS Team I feel is often overshadowed by the rest of the gundam series.  It appeared briefly on Toonami years ago and was never shown again.  I've only seen it one time through but remember every bit of it.  If/when I see it on DVD it will be a must buy.

1. Death Note
2. Kenshin
3. Initial D
4. Cowboy Bebop
5. Tri Gun

gomezc said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Thanks I appreciate that.  I've seen a lot of anime (My wife is much more of an avid anime-goer than I) and chose to put the ones that influenced my taste for most other anime.

DBZ I saw when I was 15 for the first time and satisfies my taste for exaggerated action and power.  (Naruto = same premise)

Mushishi is calm and peaceful, good to watch with a up of hot tea during a rainy day.

Outlaw Star - Propelled me into outer-space themed anime.

08th MS Team I feel is often overshadowed by the rest of the gundam series.  It appeared briefly on Toonami years ago and was never shown again.  I've only seen it one time through but remember every bit of it.  If/when I see it on DVD it will be a must buy.

Overshadowd outside of the inner fandom perhaps (as the only Gundam series that really made it into the mainstream was Gundam Wing), but within It's highly revered due praised for it's quality. Though I personally find '0080: War in the Pocket' to be Gundams best OVA.