By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has Sony Started Advertising The Right Way? [in Europe]

theprof00 said:
sony copies ms again?

It's too bad. No xbox commercials were ever memorable.

Halo museum ad was nice and memorable. However that didn't made me buy xbox. :)

Around the Network

@samus

so they are saying the PS2 version looks the same as the WII/PS3/360 version?

mM

I said graphics don't look the same on every console. I think you misread that part.

Oh yea I read "graphics look the same on every console"

mM

Wow, that was acctually a really great ad. I like the colour design thing at the begining and endof the commercial. They should start advertising like this over here in Canada and America

Around the Network
legend92(3) said:
FKNetwork said:
legend92(3) said:
Here in Aus i have seen loads of ads for HP6, Transformers 2 game and Infamous on multiple channels and at the cinema (HP6 game was advertised right before the HP6 Film) with the PlayStation Ribbon at the end.

Do they use the ribbon in the UK?

Ribbon? what kind of ribbon?!

I cant find anything on the net to show you so i'll try and explain. After showing the advert A ribbon (red for PS3 and multi coloured for all 3 platforms) swishes onto the screen smacks into the PS3 or PSP and then goes around it while a voice over says on PS3 etc.

Well i have this from an email it shows wat the ribbon looks like. Link

No, they don't use the ribbons over here, looks cool though!

FKNetwork said:
I have seen LOADS of PS3 adverts in the UK on TV over the last few weeks, on Channel 4, Sky 1, E4 mainly, it's very good they are advertising but they are only advertising crappy games and multiplatform games, they should be advertising some of the ps3's best games in my view,

I mean come on, Harry Potter which looks very average and Transformers?, both are on the 360 too so why don't they re-advertise things like LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2 and MGS4?

So yeah, good to see them advertising but very bad at the games they are advertising, whoever is in charge should be fired lol.

I think the adverts are good in the sense they are getting a mesage over. The fact they are leveraging two movie titles is not suprising. I must admit though that this effort should be repeated at the better PS3 exclusives.

Microsoft have been much better with its message and have had an almost standard pitch from day one. Sony on the other hand have not, so glad to see a better pitch now if they could standardise this it might help with reinforcing the message.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

I haven't noticed any particular increase.

And PS3 has the best advertising: the ad boardings at football matches.

yeah a lot more ads mostly for transformers and harry potter, but i can see this just being the start, they wouldnt just start advertising then stop, we will see alot more

Lots of MHFU for psp, followed by Harry Potter psp, ps3 ads in Germany. I