By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Godfather: BlackHand for Wii

Activision has done COD3, Marvel ultimate Aliance, Tony Hawk Downhill Jam and Rapala Trophies. So they're all over the board. But since those first three have sold better than their PS3 companions, hopefully Activision will give some more time to their Wii versions in the future.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

stof said: Activision has done COD3, Marvel ultimate Aliance, Tony Hawk Downhill Jam and Rapala Trophies. So they're all over the board. But since those first three have sold better than their PS3 companions, hopefully Activision will give some more time to their Wii versions in the future.
Yeah, I think they will, plus they are making Spider-man 3 completely different on the Wii, the 360/PS3 versions will be the same.

scary but i agree with kwaad... i don't believe EA is better at making wii games than ubisoft. I think it really depends on each individual games. NFS sucks completely, but so does splintercell. on the contrary, both teams made some ok games for the wii

Kwaad's point doesn't stand though Benoit. If you look at what Ubisoft has done on Wii, outside of Rayman their lineup is sketchy at best. Red Steel is average at best. Far Cry is a complete and utter joke. Monter Truck 4x4 and GT Pro Series are also total rubbish. The worse game EA has put on Wii is NFS: Carbon and its better than a good deal of Ubi Softs lineup.

well, rayman was good, and red steel was a huge investment money and timewise, even though it turned out rather bland. Though i agree with you on GT Pro / Monster truck/ far cry. i just meant that if ubisoft goes the rayman way, they can do very well. But, sure, if they keep puking gt pro-like games, they'll be in trouble...

Around the Network

benoit said: well, rayman was good, and red steel was a huge investment money and timewise, even though it turned out rather bland. Though i agree with you on GT Pro / Monster truck/ far cry. i just meant that if ubisoft goes the rayman way, they can do very well. But, sure, if they keep puking gt pro-like games, they'll be in trouble...
The comparison mainly comes into play when talking about Ports. Rayman and Redsteel were originally planned and worked on with care. Everything else Ubisoft has done seems to be post E3, we gotta get wii titles out the door ports. Farcry, Monster truck, GT and splinter cell were all last minute cash ins. And they games are crap for it. EA's only mistep was NFS carbon. But their Madden, Tiger and Godfather seem to have really been treated properly. I'll show quite a bit of interest in future non-port Ubisoft games. But right now, Prince of Persia and Driver Wii are not even on my radar.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

looks great - i think i will buy this game ... playing it with the remote controller will be very funny

Wow! I had absolutely NO interest in this game until I saw the YouTube clip. Man oh man. Wii's controls bring life to games that would otherwise be bland. I'm not even a football fan nor a football game fan (American football) nor a realistic sports game fan in general & with the Wii's controls suddenly I'm interested in trying Madden. If the control's smooth on this title this could be a monster hit for Nintendo and will convert lots of people to the Wii side. I'll rent first to see if it lives up to snuff. None of those Godfather/Scarface games even aroused my slightest interest but the Blackhand edition of Godfather looks like a winner based on the strangle move alone. I know lots of people would get into that watching these gangster movies. Every game is an exclusive on Wii simply based on its controls. Ports done right will be extra special on the Wii versions which will make them much sought after. John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

johnlucas: I know what you mean, the Wii has done two things for me 1. it also makes me interested in titles I've never been into before, Madden and Tiger Woods have never held my interest but I've been suddenly interested in trying them in this new way. Godfather as well looks amazing what's done with the controller. 2. I find alot of franchises that have lost my interest are suddenly reborn. I would have never bought Warioware(has anyone here played bungee buddies? I think playing that has been one of the most memorable moments in gaming, insanely hilarious) or had any desire to pick up Mario Party if it wasn't for these new controllers taking these party concepts to whole new levels. I also find myself losing interest in the old controls. I love Tennis in Wii Sports, and after trying a demo of Virtua Tennis a franchise I've always enjoyed, I found it suddenly boring. I'm desperatly craving a full blown tennis title on the Wii, I'm seriously hoping a Wii Virtua Tennis is on the way(or a Mario Tennis, even a Wii Tennis would be nice.) I find it odd that despite all the great sports the Wii-mote loans it self too, the only sport that third parties have explored are Golf and Football.

I've already rented several Wii games (rent2-get1-free-mondays) and I'm suprised the difference it makes for someone who can't master every control scheme (I suck horribly at shooter + gamepad games). I will definitely get Excite Truck, SSX Blur, and Madden 07 eventually, but I have a VERY limited budget, so I'll have to wait for them to drop in price. I also plan on renting Cooking Mama and Medal of Honor : Vanguard (ME!). Only for-sure-launch-date purchases at this point is Super Paper Mario and Mario Party 8.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.