By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Zelda is scary?

Well, the game is not trying to be scary lol. I think zelda: the twilight princess is trying to be dark and it pulls that of nicely at times. This game reminds me a little bit of metroid prime 2. Nintendo was clearly in their dark world stage during those times lol.

I'm now at the very first mirror piece and I can't wait to see what happens next in the story. I know nothing about it except that Ganondorf will be in it, but I don't know how he'll be linked in the story XD

Around the Network

Zelda games never scared me... I did get so engrossed in them as a child that I would get lonely while playing them because I felt like I was link and I was alone against the world, I'm not kidding I would get my sister to be in the room and watch her TV or listen to her music, etc. to have someone to talk to while I played LTTP so I wouldn't be lonely :)

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

NO! Zelda's not scary at all.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

when i was young i couldn't play shadow temple alone

first time i had my cousion pass it for me XD.

not a problem anymore

There are some enemies in the Zelda franchise that I've found scary or downright frightening but I don't think the series as a full is scary.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

No. It's eery more that frightening. It just puts people off balance when they play - and I mean OoT and MM, not WW or TP. The N64 games were the disturbing ones, after that they made them considerably more pleasant.

TWRoO said:
voty2000 said:
Before watching the video: No
After watching the video: No
I never knew people were ever scared of anything in Zelda. The wallmasters really pissed me of and I was scared of going back to the beginning of the level.

It's not the same scary as something like resident evil.... the zombies in RE are about as scary as a ham sandwich, RE is scary because of the bits without zombies, keeping you on edge until somehting makes you jump. It's quick thrill horror scary.

Something like the way the dream state with links white eyes is a different scary, it's not frightening, but it's freaky.... the Yeti's wife's (forget the name) head spining around is a bit of both in a way... it can make you jump because it happens fast and unexpectedly, but it is also freaky in a similar way to the baby that crawls along the ceiling in some horror film and spins it's head round.... it just isn't in the character of that character.... so the Yeti's wife is a cute, kindly thing that turns monstrous, same for the baby in the film.

Yeta is the wife

Yeto is the husband.

if you take in consideration the ikana/stone tower theorys, then yes.

I don't see how anyone could find Zelda scary.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Some things. Half of OoT and MM are, Wind Waker was too cheery to be scary (save for redeads) and TP wasn't very scary IMO