By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Activision are idiots? PS2/PS3 accounts for 40% of all gaming revenue

Kotick's 'threat' was the most meaningless and pathetic threat since the Iraqi Minister threats during the war in Iraq.

Around the Network

Thread title is ultimate failure.

@Samus

They said cut support for sony according to the article, which includes PS2/PS3/PSP

http://exophase.com/ps3/activision-ceo-threatens-to-cut-sony-support-11830.htm

mM

Kotick lost half of his CEO job with this threat.

Activision would loose a huge percentage of its revenues, Sony songs for Guitar Hero, games based on Sony movie licenses... It looks as smart as shooting yourself in the foot.

I'm pretty sure the ActiBliz shareholders thought the joke was funny, especially since they lost money the days after when Activision share dropped sharply.

They could just mean current gen console. It's not like the psp matters anyway...

Around the Network

Well, there are 50 million PSP in the world, roughly the same as 360 and PS3 combined, so the potential is clearly here. There's a Guitar Hero PSP I think...

Monster Hunter PSP sold millions, that was Capcom though...

As far as Activision go on the console side of things, you can see the Wii out in front, closely followed by the 360, with both Sony consoles bringing up the rear.

thats wat that article says Playstation accounts for the smallest percentage, did you even read this or do you just like to make bullshit up on the spot

@Irish : except the playstation brand is a lot of things included, which means you can't stop supporting it :
- PS2
- PS3
- PSP
- songs for music games
- movies for licensed games like Spiderman...

That's why everybody made fun of Kotick and the share dropped : it didn't make sense at all.

Wait, WoW actually lost 6 million subscribers?

Yup. The China servers went down Because Bliz changed provider in China apparently, I think it's still down days after and there's still no date...

There are still 5 million subscribers in the world, but it hurts.