By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Final Fantasy XI - Oh God, what have I done?

FF11 is awesome i played for close to 5 years got over 7 or 8 jobs on 75 with awesome gear...
i too also quit the day ff14 was announced. i will be playing that game for the NEXT 5 years.. i prolly will never buy another game again when that drops lol

Around the Network
Dno said:
FF11 is awesome i played for close to 5 years got over 7 or 8 jobs on 75 with awesome gear...
i too also quit the day ff14 was announced. i will be playing that game for the NEXT 5 years.. i prolly will never buy another game again when that drops lol

That is one nice thing about MMO's.  People complain about having to pay a subsription fee, but when I was really into FFXI and then WoW I purchased far less games.  I probably spend more money on gaming now that I'm not into MMO's.

10 hour update sounds crazy. What are the new features it added?

XI is very unforgiving when you start out. Back when I started in around 03-04ish it took me days to get decent armor and a good supply of cash. I can't imagine how long it would take someone now, considering farming items at low levels aren't worth jack anymore.

When my friends started out, I always gave them money because I didn't want them going through the hell that I did.

Zezlar said:

XI is very unforgiving when you start out. Back when I started in around 03-04ish it took me days to get decent armor and a good supply of cash. I can't imagine how long it would take someone now, considering farming items at low levels aren't worth jack anymore.

When my friends started out, I always gave them money because I didn't want them going through the hell that I did.

I loved Final Fantasy XI, I regret that I got into it when I was younger so eventually I had to quit 2 years in due to my mom paying for my subscription and didn't want to anymore lol.

Anywhos, I didn't have that problem when I played, I somehow befriended a crazy nice, rich ass, level 75, cant remember his name :( but he used to buy me all my equipment at the market, the dude was awesome, I also got him in my small linkshell (really small, just composed of a few friends).

So yeah, he was hands down my like No. 1 friend on that game, I never got really high in level, but still, I couldn't believe that the guy was buying all of my stuff for me, he helped me out a ton too with various other things.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Dno said:

That is one nice thing about MMO's.  People complain about having to pay a subsription fee, but when I was really into FFXI and then WoW I purchased far less games.  I probably spend more money on gaming now that I'm not into MMO's.

hahha yup thats so true lol

Zezlar said:

I got lucky when I first started and figured out how to pretty much farm warp scrolls (I got really efficient at making a new character, doing the 10 or so quests to get the game, get the warp scroll, send it to my main, remake the character, repeat) so I made nearly a million gill in the first few weeks of the game. 

I used that to level crafts and since then I haven't had money problems (though I am running low at the moment and just haven't felt like bringing it back up).  >_>

MMORPGs are pointless if they're not PvP

What are you looking at, nerd?

There is PvP in the game.

Zezlar said:
There is PvP in the game.

Meh, I'd just ignore him, he's just trying to get a rise out of people.  It's best to just ignore comments like that.

(and ballista is actually pretty fun)