By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 whipping PS3 on BF1943

Without a doubt, the 360 controller is by far better for shooters than PS3's ( well any genre bar fighters. ). So this is understandable.

Around the Network
Kantor said:

Really, now?

Anyway, I tried the demo, and I'm probably in the minority, but I thought it was complete crap. Frankly, I think Cell Factor: Psychokinetic Wars is better.

Wow.  I own over 100 downloadable games between XBLA and PSN, and I thought Cellfactor was absolutely horrendous.  You couldn't pay me enough money to play that game, it belongs in the rubbish bin with other crap games like War World.

You're almost certainly in the minority.  Also, I bought Battlefield and deleted Cellfactor without looking at a single review, but the difference in Metascore is quite significant: 84 to 70 (which is too high, imo).

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

selnor said:
Without a doubt, the 360 controller is by far better for shooters than PS3's ( well any genre bar fighters. ). So this is understandable.

of course,of course...

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

no surprise. 360 is the console of choice for shooters. a lot of people bought a ps3 for movies.

badgenome said:
humb_lumi said:
Ps3 players are older.... like me... They have social life in the real world.... it was weekend... ps3 owners go to bars, nightclubs, etc.... they don't wanna spend 24 hours conected to a game to "Get more kills faster than another system"

Really? They have all that stuff on Home now?

No, but they sit on the chairs and complain about why Home doesn't have that stuff.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

360 getting the game earlier is a valid excuse:

The game started selling sooner... it's had more time to obtain more players/customers/purchases.

Dual console owners would have went with the 360 version since it was available there earlier.

More time for players to get used to maps, handling weapons, etc.

Even if both systems got the game at the same time the 360 would still be winning. Higher userbase with players that are willing to pay to play so their more likely to buy games online. Also the 360 is well known to sell shooters better than the PS3.

4 ≈ One

35644680 - 360
19249522 - PS3

360 gamers are simply better at shooters than those of ps3 ilk

I mop the floor with my ps3 owning friends evey time we play COD:WAW

Maybe the crappy killzone 2 controls affected their play

half of those kills are from people lagging out of the game and the server think it's a kill and give it to a random person, it's obvious

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I predict Xbox 360 will get Coral Sea on Tuesday and PS3 will get it next Tuesday.