By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 whipping PS3 on BF1943

sinha said:
deadt0m said:
Sardauk said:
BladeOfGod said:

yes i downloaded the trial version and its very hard to controll tanks and air planes.

Apparently your fingers are more competent at writing flame posts then playing games.....

To be fair, the first 2 times I got in a plane I nosedived it into the ocean a la Top Gun on NES.  After a while you get the hang of it though.

People know they can change the controls for vehicles, right?  You don't have to accept the crazy default control setup if you don't like it.

Yeah, the default controls are crappy.

For those who have trouble with planes, switch to inverted and view the plane in the 3rd person and watch yourself do climbs and barrel rolls so you get used to the back rudders.

Its obvious when somebody doesnt understand how the rudder system works, they are sitting ducks in the sky.

Around the Network

PS3 owners are tactical campers, not 'runnin gunners.'

FKNetwork said:
NKAJ said:
FKNetwork said:
gembel said:
there are a lot of other good games on ps3 sadly.. why waste money on BF1943 :S

Because it's one of the best online shooters you can buy at the moment, that's why!

in your opinion

In most peoples opinions actually, have you seen the reviews and the comments plastered all over the internet about it? EA Forums, Battlefield 1943 forum, xbox forums, ps3 forums, gamespot forums, eurogamer forums, ign forums, MANY many people calling it the best shooter this year and for £10 there is nothing that competes with it,

NKAJ, stop being a fanboy and go try the game properly, you may actually like it! you should be happy about this game as it is on both consoles and is now the most successful download only (console) game in history, at least be supportive about it!

The sales figures will prove how popular the game is anyway lol

Really, now?

Anyway, I tried the demo, and I'm probably in the minority, but I thought it was complete crap. Frankly, I think Cell Factor: Psychokinetic Wars is better. Battlefield 1943 is really nothing special- there's no weapon variety, hardly any vehicles, the controls are awkward, and they don't even TELL you what the controls are!

Judging from a demo is wrong, I guess, but when the demo is the full game but with a time limit...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I wouldn't say it's crap, I like BF 1943, but if you compare it to a similar game (warhawk + every of its addon DLC) then there's less of everything...

But of course, the main reason why there were less kills on BF 1943 is not even warhawk, it's shooters fans are more on 360 than on PS3... Nothing new here.

Sardauk said:
BladeOfGod said:
Sardauk said:
BladeOfGod said:
gembel said:

I agree, Warhawk is superior in almost every way

Did you played BF1943 ?

yes i downloaded the trial version and its very hard to controll tanks and air planes.

Apparently your fingers are more competent at writing flame posts then playing games.....

so i post my opinion and you think i wrote flame post?

Around the Network

I think it was obvious which system would have the most users playing (BF1943) on it. Why is this still a surprise?

I just need to get some MSpoints together so I can join the battle now.

XBOX LIVE: macr0planet

PSN: MacroPlanet_DSGN

Steam: MacroPlanet

Modern Warfare 2 - Uncharted 2 - Assassin's Creed 2 - Mass Effect 2 - Alan Wake - Forza 3 - Splinter Cell: Conviction - God of War 3

Just goes to show that people who own 360's are crap at staying alive.

Let me show you why they call me the velour fog. Hit it.

I met her in a club down in old Soho,

Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like coca cola,

C-o-l-a, cola.

She, walked up to me and she asked me to dance,

I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said;

Leela, L-e-e-l-a, Leela, Lee, Lee, Lee, Leela

Leeeeeeeelaaaaaaaa

lol velour fog, comment of the day.

FKNetwork said:
NKAJ said:
FKNetwork said:
gembel said:

Because it's one of the best online shooters you can buy at the moment, that's why!

in your opinion

In most peoples opinions actually, have you seen the reviews and the comments plastered all over the internet about it? EA Forums, Battlefield 1943 forum, xbox forums, ps3 forums, gamespot forums, eurogamer forums, ign forums, MANY many people calling it the best shooter this year and for £10 there is nothing that competes with it,

NKAJ, stop being a fanboy and go try the game properly, you may actually like it! you should be happy about this game as it is on both consoles and is now the most successful download only (console) game in history, at least be supportive about it!

The sales figures will prove how popular the game is anyway lol

wait,wait wait.im being a fanboy.so the guy who made this thread isnt??

all i said was "in your opinion" and now im  branded a fanboy

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Kantor said:

I thought it was complete crap. Battlefield 1943 is really nothing special ... there are hardly any vehicles, the controls are awkward, and they don't even TELL you what the controls are!

There are 10 vehicles, so I dont see how that qualifies as 'hardly any vehicles.'

Goto settings then controls, it tells you what the controls are and gives you the option to change them.