By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is there a way to play PAL games on an NTSC PS2?

I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy, but as you can probably see, my english is not very well.

So I want buy the Pal version of Final Fantasy to play it in french.

I'm ready to buy a Pal ps2 if they are no other way, but if possible, i will preffer to save 250$ for this system.

Thanks!

Mamboula

Final Fantasy huge... watch my collection

Oh... Final Fantasy huge only on SONY system !

Around the Network

have a modded ps2. you are investigate if someone does that nearby and ask them if the chip does pal games.

that voids warranty not recomended

Ps2 only cost 99$ now.

99 euros. thats not 250$.

there's a way with a system called slide-card or something if you have the old 'big' playstation.
No modding needed.

what is this slide-card ??
I have the old "big" PlayStation2

Final Fantasy huge... watch my collection

Oh... Final Fantasy huge only on SONY system !

Swap Magic 3.... But don't use it for "backup" games!!

edit- and you'll have to use Magic Switch Pro -OR- Slide Tool -OR- Flip Top Cover.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Use the swap thing, mod your console, import a ps2 or play it on your pc. These are the options.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

weaveworld said:
there's a way with a system called slide-card or something if you have the old 'big' playstation.
No modding needed.

Please nobody do the slide card trick. It isn't 2002 anymore so just do the memory card exploit if you want to play PAL games without a modchip.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

The same mod used to make PS2 play piracy can make it read other regions games. You live at Canada, so it could be just harder to find if exists at all. By the way, games weren't released in Canada in French and English?

ameratsu said:
weaveworld said:
No modding needed.

Please nobody do the slide card trick. It isn't 2002 anymore so just do the memory card exploit if you want to play PAL games without a modchip.

And how do you do that?

Buy HD Advance if you have a hard drive for it and just rip the game to your hard drive.