By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You must admit

Even though there's mixed reactions towards the single-player in Halo 2 and 3 {I personally loved the campaign in Halo 3} there's no denying that the first Halo; Halo Combat Evolved has the best single-player and story in the entire series. The campaign in Halo Combat Evolved is f*@#ing epic and one of the best single-player experiance in a first-person shooter ever. I have so many fond memories of playing Halo CE, the game is definitely a classic and the only three single-player FPS than can rival the original Halo are Half-Life 1, Half-Life 2, and Deus Ex.

Who agrees that the first Halo had the best campaign in the series and is freaking awesome?

Around the Network

I must admit I never played any of them. Sorry.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Well i never played Halo: CE campaign, i like Halo 2 more than 3 sp wise.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

It is polished like no other, had a huge budget, great marketing, existed as essentially the only game for its console, and yes.. for its time was incredible in so many ways.

The name Halo is second only to Mario in my mind.
Terrific game and epic soundtrack. That gregorian chant belongs to Halo forever.

but I have a 360 and don't own the game...

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

ultraslick said:
It is polished like no other, had a huge budget, great marketing, existed as essentially the only game for its console, and yes.. for its time was incredible in so many ways.

The name Halo is second only to Mario in my mind.
Terrific game and epic soundtrack. That gregorian chant belongs to Halo forever.

but I have a 360 and don't own the game...

Halo is the Mario of the Xbox.

Around the Network

The first is definitely the most epic campaign of the three.

Halo 3 is my favorite of the Halo games. Halo 2 is over rated in my opinion. And I do give Halo Combat Evolved credit for being a seriously good FPS for its time.

Zezlar said:
Halo 3 is my favorite of the Halo games. Halo 2 is over rated in my opinion. And I do give Halo Combat Evolved credit for being a seriously good FPS for its time.

Halo 3's level design was a big improvement over CE's copy and pasted levels and the scarab battles are some of the most epic moments I've had in gaming, but it can't match Halo CE's set pieces like the storming of the beach in The Silent Cartographer and the massive warfare battles between The Flood and The Covenant in Two Betrayals.

While I agree that it has by far the best single player campaign (of the two I've played anyway, I haven't tried Halo 3 single player) I don't think it can even hold a candle to Half-Life 1 and 2 or Deus Ex tbh.
The depth and originality of Deus Ex (as a shooter) and the playability and overall incredible technical achievements of the Half-Life series is unrivaled imo (as far as FPS' go, that is).

Mummelmann said:
While I agree that it has by far the best single player campaign (of the two I've played anyway, I haven't tried Halo 3 single player) I don't think it can even hold a candle to Half-Life 1 and 2 or Deus Ex tbh.
The depth and originality of Deus Ex (as a shooter) and the playability and overall incredible technical achievements of the Half-Life series is unrivaled imo (as far as FPS' go, that is).

Aw, but Halo has better combat, action, and A.I. than both games combined. Half-Life 1 does kinda beat Halo in some ways