By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Samus is cooler than Master Chief

@Words Of Wisdom,

Metroid Prime: Hunters has a multiplayer portion. So does Metroid Prime: Echoes. Just mentioning those games makes me want a Metroid Prime: Hunters game for the Wii.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Around the Network
ChronotriggerJM said:
I don't really mean this as an attack at either of them, but I just finished Halo 3 and the good ol' Master Chief did... nothing. He literally did nothing amazing that entire game, no awesome cut scenes, no outward badassness, no amazing speeches, NOTHING. I was so disappointed. And I don't quite mean this as an insult to Samus but I haven't exactly ever seen her do anything to define her character either. I mean CONCEPTUALLY yes, she's beaten a bunch of baddies etc etc. But her attitude, reasons, and general style are beyond me. What I'd LOVE to see would be Kratos Vrs. Other Hero, because in my opinion he's one hell of a badass :P However I fear he'd get drowned out in Fanbias. Maybe Snake could move people, but I'm not sure my man would stand strong :D

From playing the games I have a pretty good sense of Samus's character. Samus is essentially Batman recast in a scifi setting.

She was orphaned at a young age by a space pirate attack and adopted by the Chozo who trained her and infused her with their blood. She uses a suit of Chozo armor adapted for human use and can incorporate a myriad of devices of Chozo, Galactic Federation, Space Pirate, and other origins into it. She designs her own ships and is extremely skilled at gaining access to secured computer systems. She's a stoic loner who is both skilled and resourceful enough to defeat any opponent.

I generally don't engage in this sort of fanboy frothing but she's in my top four heroes of all time. The other three are Paul Erdos, Charlie Parker, and Optimus Prime.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
Non Sequor said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
I don't really mean this as an attack at either of them, but I just finished Halo 3 and the good ol' Master Chief did... nothing. He literally did nothing amazing that entire game, no awesome cut scenes, no outward badassness, no amazing speeches, NOTHING. I was so disappointed. And I don't quite mean this as an insult to Samus but I haven't exactly ever seen her do anything to define her character either. I mean CONCEPTUALLY yes, she's beaten a bunch of baddies etc etc. But her attitude, reasons, and general style are beyond me. What I'd LOVE to see would be Kratos Vrs. Other Hero, because in my opinion he's one hell of a badass :P However I fear he'd get drowned out in Fanbias. Maybe Snake could move people, but I'm not sure my man would stand strong :D

She was orphaned at a young age by a space pirate attack and adopted by the Chozo who trained her and infused her with their blood. She uses a suit of Chozo armor adapted for human use and can incorporate a myriad of devices of Chozo, Galactic Federation, Space Pirate, and other origins into it. She designs her own ships and is extremely skilled at gaining access to secured computer systems. She's a stoic loner who is both skilled and resourceful enough to defeat any opponent.

Ahhh see I only played Super Metroid and the First Prime, I actually didn't know any of that :D I've read players guids and such but nothing like that was ever told to me ^^; Thanks for the clarity :P I think I'd still say the Chief has more of a less generic follow thru, but I still don't think either of them hold a candle to Kratos or Snake, but hey just my opinion right :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

It was to be expected. Even Halo fanboys drool over Samus. She always wins in showdowns with other girls of gaming too. No contest.

Btw, you know how the other contests are going to end. Batman vs Iron Man? Common..

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

patjuan32 said:
@Words Of Wisdom,

Metroid Prime: Hunters has a multiplayer portion. So does Metroid Prime: Echoes. Just mentioning those games makes me want a Metroid Prime: Hunters game for the Wii.

Two Metroid games I have yet to play (I own almost all of them including the NES ones...).  Hunters I may pass on but I'll be playing Echoes soon enough.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Joemanji said:
The poll results don't surprise me. Now if only they add multiplayer in Metroid, it can only make Samus hotter!

Anyone who suggests multiplayer for Metroid doesn't understand Metroid.

I must confess I wouldn't mind seeing an objective based (defend/destroy the generator, defend/capture the command center, etc.) multiplayer Metroid with a Galactic Federation team lead by a randomly selected player as Samus versus a Space Pirate team with a randomly selected player as a pirate commander. You could still incorporate elements of traditional Metroid gameplay by incorporating each team's leader's special abilities into the objectives so that each team has to support their leader in order to achieve their objective.

Echoes multiplayer was not worthy of mention, while Hunters multi was intence, but the game DIDN'T HAD ANY METROIDS! The could have called it Samus Adventure as well. Samus is far better on her own. 

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Samus is way cool

The prime series is awesome and a testament og a great 2D series becoming an awesome 3D experience  

"You'll never know what you can do unless you try"

VonShigsy said:
Echoes multiplayer was not worthy of mention, while Hunters multi was intence, but the game DIDN'T HAD ANY METROIDS! The could have called it Samus Adventure as well. Samus is far better on her own.

The increasing difficulty the writers will face in incorporating Metroids into future games has me a little worried about the series.

Non Sequor said:

The increasing difficulty the writers will face in incorporating Metroids into future games has me a little worried about the series.

We'll see where the next adventure takes her.  I don't think it'll be too difficult for the writers.  There are all kinds of unused plot gimicks to fall back upon in a worst case scenario such as time travel and the like to really worry about the story.