By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Where would you buy a new 360?

Gamestop, they know a lot about their products.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

The easiest way to identify a newer console is the amp rating of 12.1A as opposed to 14.2 on the older models.

Its definitely on the console and I believe its on the box somewhere.

Any store with a high turnover. Wal-Mart is the best bet.

Call around until you find a store with no 360's, then check back until they recieve a new shipment, and then purchase. /win

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Best Buy, but i would say Walmart if there was one in NY.

Fred Meyers if you live in the USA. I'd be careful though, because when I first bought my 360, the power outlet and tv outlet on the back of the console were blocked by metal pieces. When I took it back and traded it in for the one I have now, I still have issues as mine is buggy as hell and freezes on Fallout 3 and GTA 4. It probably won't happen to you, though, as I happened to stumble upon a bad batch of consoles.

Around the Network

Best Buy for the Reward Points. Those add up.

you can examine the box before you buy. just cause its under lock doesn't mean you cant hold or read the box before you buy just like you can hold a bag of chips before you buy. tell them your looking for a new model and you can tell buy looking at the box. its your money, you don't have to buy the one they pick for you.print out the info for identifying a jasper and take it with you. if they wont help you another store will.

Yep, i'm a girl

not in the US but much like the comments here, GAME for the reward points (UK)

matt247 said:
Amazon.com because you don't have to pay taxes (unless you live in NY) and free shipping

You also paid tax if you live in Washington.  It's suck, I used to buy all kind of Amazon when I was back in California.

As for the stores, I would guess Best Buy probably have a fast turn around as far as new shipment.  And many of the stores, put the console out so you can look and see when / where it was made.

Except for the random sales, it doesn't matter where you buy it from.