By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Where would you buy a new 360?

If you were going to buy a new 360 where would you buy one?  Which store do you think would be most likely to have the latest model of the motherboard or the arcade model with the extra memory?  Is there a way to tell if your console is a jasper before you ever leave the store?  This is mainly for USA residents as I live in the USA.

Around the Network

A lot of people talk bad about a lot of stores, but in the end you're getting the same product. I would personally just buy it at GameStop or GameCrazy. The cool thing about GameCrazy is that they will give you 12 free rentals if you buy a console from them (to hollywood videos).

XBOX LIVE: macr0planet

PSN: MacroPlanet_DSGN

Steam: MacroPlanet

Modern Warfare 2 - Uncharted 2 - Assassin's Creed 2 - Mass Effect 2 - Alan Wake - Forza 3 - Splinter Cell: Conviction - God of War 3

Bought mine at a local video rental store. It was the only place that had Kung-Panda/Lego Indiana Jones packed with the console in February. Like macroplanet said, it's the exact same product regardless of where you buy it.

Amazon.com because you don't have to pay taxes (unless you live in NY) and free shipping

From the Vgchartz store of course

Around the Network

Personally, I would avoid online stores. I like to look at the product and feel it in my hands before I pay for it. It's easier to know exactly what you're getting, that way.

Good rule to follow with hookers, too.

Best Buy, for the reward points.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

best buy and for the same reason
reward points
then u get coupons by mail

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

I would think that you've got a good chance of getting a Jasper by now from most places. As far as I remember they have been in production since the fall of 2008. I bought an arcade from Wal-Mart a couple of months ago and the manufacturing date was sometime in February of this year. As far as knowing what to look for, there is info on the internet that a simple Google search can help you with so for the finer details you should look there. Here is what I remember off the top. The manufacturing date and lot # have something to do with it. Also, there is some sort of power rating number on the Xbox itself, I wanna say 12.1 V, that you can look at before you buy it. You have to look through the little cut out on the back of the box that it's packaged in. Through this little window you can see all of the info that people were using to determine if the console was Jasper.
I decided to get mine from Wally World because I figured that there was a good chance that they would have sold all of their old shit. That and I knew someone who worked there so I got mine for less that $200. You should have no problem finding one, good luck.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

I'm most comfortable with Gamestop. Most of the employees are outcasts so they're very knowledgeable about their products.