By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is DS Lite still the best or is DSi truely the new King? What do you think

It depends, if you want to play games and nothing else then a DSL, if you want extra features and some general improvements thrown in then the DSi.

Around the Network
WessleWoggle said:
RCTjunkie said:
DSi has a music player and a camera, along with the games. Much better for road trips, and it looks better with the side camera. Of course, this is all opinion and subjective.

The DS lite has more battery. Your subjective opinion doesn't matter, the facts say DS lite rules!

All hail the DS lite, better, and longer lasting. Your foul trickery can't undo the truth of reality, sir.

I find that the shorter battery life doesn't bother me, since I've accustumed to the birghtness setting of "2" which is pretty conservative, allowing for a longer life. Also, if you shut the DSi closed while listening to music, it last a LOOOOOOOONG time. And I have no GBA games, which affected my decision.

I do have two ways to play GBA games. I have my NES GBA and I have Gameboy Player on my Gamecube.

I bought a DSL recently simply because I'm not impressed by the new additions of the DSi. The browser isn't that great and the DSiWare selection is abysmal. Also I still want the BC.

Only a few million DSi units have been sold and clearly developers are more concerned with the other 100 million who own the DS and DSL. The DSi just isn't a big enough improvement for me to care as of yet.

Aw Heck. I had a matte blue DSi brand new in package with some points to download free DSi Ware games that I was going to get for $150.00 with free shipping (and that I wouldn't have to pay any sales taxes on), and I had had the winning bid since last night. Well, somebody came along and outbid me, and I'm not bidding more than $150.00.

I guess I'm leaning more towards the Wii now unless I can find a similar DSi or a DS Lite brand new for $99.99.

Around the Network

DSi> DSL, no matter how you look at it. You ca argue that the DSL has compatibility with GBA, but the DSi is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than DSL.

Maynard_Tool said:
DSi> DSL, no matter how you look at it. You ca argue that the DSL has compatibility with GBA, but the DSi is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than DSL.

Yeah... because it offers a horrible selection of DSiWare and a crappy browser? Also, most of the flash card things don't support the DSi so that's keeping a lot of people from moving.

Graves said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Yeah... because it offers a horrible selection of DSiWare and a crappy browser? Also, most of the flash card things don't support the DSi so that's keeping a lot of people from moving.

?

It has better & bigger screens, better lighting, you can surf the web, has flash card support, has DSiware, better sound quality.....

Isn't that enough?? We are talking about which is better as a console... DSi wins

I have yet to buy a DSi, but pretty much I have weighed all their strengths and 'negatives' and the DSi has everything the DSL has except its longer battery life. And the DSL comes up short on about 5-6 points, where the DSi has new features (bigger screens, added camera, DSiWare, storage capability, more ram/processing power for better games, etc).

Now of course for some people, these things seem excessive and pointless, but they might lead to bigger and better things down the road. Already it looks like a few decent DSiWare games are being made. And Nintendo has at least promised to utilize the stronger DSi hardware for future games. I'm willing to give the DSi a chance.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

i think psp is beter than both of them by a mile but i think DS Lite is better than DSi