By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Words Of Wisdom said:
MrBubbles said:

I think this is all about the sword.  Link carries around his normal or undersized swords...and cloud carries around his big sword.  

Your thoughts?...Is just another "sizes matters" situation?

I think part of it has always been the ambiguity of Link's age.  He ranges from young to teenager-ish to adult in various games.  Anyone making the same sexual jokes about Link as Cloud might be a pedo.

The other part is that Link has never had that rough and tough image.  People feel insecure compared to Cloud so they make fun of him to hide their own insecurities.  People don't do that with Link because whereas Cloud has that firmly defined personality, a lot of people project themselves into Link.  When someone plays FF7, they control the cast but the cast each has distinctive personalities.  When people play Zelda, they become Link.  Link's ambiguous and player-defined character is something that Miyamoto has spoken of and one of the highlights of the series.

you always make such nice well thought out posts. 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Cloud is looked at, like many gay emo kids, as a girl, so the girls want to do his hair and the guys can not feel gay lusting after him

Link as a kid stabbed gannon in the forehead. There is also no waiting 2 minutes for some lame power animation when link fights. He just mofoin stabs you.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

Bookmarking for prosperity :)

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

CrashMan said:
Cloud is looked at, like many gay emo kids, as a girl, so the girls want to do his hair and the guys can not feel gay lusting after him

Link as a kid stabbed gannon in the forehead. There is also no waiting 2 minutes for some lame power animation when link fights. He just mofoin stabs you.

Indeed, I concur

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Link doesn't have any character depth, he doesn't speak, he has no past and he allways gets pretty much randomly chosen to save the world.

That's why I prefer cloud, even if he emoes atleast he does it for a reason.

Around the Network

Cloud needs his big sword, or else how would he be able to hit for OVER 9000!!!

Anyway, link can get a big goron's sword too :P

If you look hard enough you'll find sexual inuendos in anything.

Cloud talks.

I like Cloud, but he's a little bitch. I like Link, but he's a mute. Make Link talk and I'd go with Link since he seems to be a chill guy, I hate emo bitches IRL.

I guess I don't care much for Cloud because he's emo, and I can't stand emo people... or hipsters.

Cloud can wear a dress to infiltrate and destroy the bad guys. Cloud wins.