By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 getting a 360 favorite

The said:
One thing is certain, whichever old exclusive the PS3 gets from the 360, it won't be anything good outside of games we already know are coming like Ninja Gaiden 2 and Tales of Vesperia.

this

also, I'm pretty sure that microsoft has an agreement tied to the mass effect franchise as the preferred system.  I don't think bioware can make it for the ps3 even if they wanted to.  Bioware's excitement is really just stemming from their development of dragon age.

My guess (based on the rinky dinky source of this rumor) is it will be either an arcade game or a budget release of dead rising.

Around the Network

Doubt it's Mass Effect 2 because that would be dumb to put a game like that half way there. Mass Effect 1 belongs to Microsoft.

gergroy said:
The said:
One thing is certain, whichever old exclusive the PS3 gets from the 360, it won't be anything good outside of games we already know are coming like Ninja Gaiden 2 and Tales of Vesperia.

this

also, I'm pretty sure that microsoft has an agreement tied to the mass effect franchise as the preferred system.  I don't think bioware can make it for the ps3 even if they wanted to.  Bioware's excitement is really just stemming from their development of dragon age.

My guess (based on the rinky dinky source of this rumor) is it will be either an arcade game or a budget release of dead rising.

you apearently didn't see what bioware said about Mass effect IP 2 days ago:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/08/bioware-ea-owns-mass-effect-ip-translation-it-could-still-com/

I wonder why would they say that now all of a sudden,mmm....

SpartanFX said:
gergroy said:
The said:

this

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/08/bioware-ea-owns-mass-effect-ip-translation-it-could-still-com/

lol, read your source and check out the update where they clarified what they said.  I'm right, microsoft does have an exclusivity or preferred console status at least up until mass effect 2.  Although it is true that EA owns the rights to the ip, somewhere in the creation of that ip they signed and exclusivity agreement with microsoft.  So no, it won't be mass effect on the ps3.

It would be really funny if it was Dead Rising 1 though.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
gergroy said:
The said:

this

Because somebody asked them if they owned the IP, and Bioware, those wild and crazy guys, answered the question.

ugh, why do peole always stop talking right after i make a good point?
*looks at spartanfx*

GAWD i hope its mass effect 2.... my 360 bricked before it came... so if it comes to the PS3 i wont have to rebuy the 360 :)

badgenome said:
SpartanFX said:
gergroy said:
The said:

this

also, I'm pretty sure that microsoft has an agreement tied to the mass effect franchise as the preferred system. I don't think bioware can make it for the ps3 even if they wanted to. Bioware's excitement is really just stemming from their development of dragon age.

Because somebody asked them if they owned the IP, and Bioware, those wild and crazy guys, answered the question.

I thought if someone asked you a direct question like that you were just supposed to smile and not say anything?

gergroy said:
SpartanFX said:
gergroy said:
The said:

this

lol, read your source and check out the update where they clarified what they said.  I'm right, microsoft does have an exclusivity or preferred console status at least up until mass effect 2.  Although it is true that EA owns the rights to the ip, somewhere in the creation of that ip they signed and exclusivity agreement with microsoft.  So no, it won't be mass effect on the ps3.

So its not mass Effect... I wouldn't think it'd be gears :P.... Left 4 Dead maybe? Valve did just say they 'are interested in PS3 development.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.