By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Finally bought a Wii game (S) since Mario Kart Wii

Ari_Gold said:
Saki said:
I still dont understand why you dont think Wii games are worth full price. Most of the times you say you wont buy a Wii game at full price.

For whatever reason you think Muramasa isnt worth it.

Muramasa is $49.99, thats fucking expensive, even Odin's Sphere was $39.99 when it hit stores. Besides the smart thing for a consumer in this economic crisis is to wait till games drop in price. Muramasa is my most anticipated Wii game, but i'm not gonna throw my money that fast, Wii games tend to drop in price real fast.

Thats a bullshit observation. More Wii games have longer tails meaning cutting prices are not always forced, or needed, on lots of games.

PS360 games ARE DISCOUNTED ALWAYS. Truth hurts.

Now if you want to argue this point regarding different genres, and brands, im happy to do that.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

The last time I bought a Wii game was when I got Mario Kart way back in April last year....now, my next purchase will probably be NSMB Wii.

Mad World was the last Wii game I bought. I usually wait for ALL the games I'm interested in the drop in price (360, Wii, DS) because I'm just cheap. The next game I might pay pull price for will be Muramasa.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

How much did you pay for the red ring of death? =D

My latest purchase was preorders and sales
_punch out
_GST
_Conduit (in mail)
_LKS

sales: ACWii, Battalion Wars Wii.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

My last two purchases were:

Tiger Woods 10
Punch-Out

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

I loooove the Trauma Center games. Atlus is a publisher we should be supporting. New Blood is really great and I expect the Trauma Team game next year to be even better.

Last Year I bought:

Mario Kart

No More Heroes

Smash

Wii Fit

This Year So Far:

HoTD: Overkill

MadWorld

Punch-Out!

The Conduit

Little King's Story

So already it is a better year for Wii to me.  

I'm planning on buying before the end of the year:

Wii Sports Resort

Wii Fit Plus

Muramasa

Red Steel 2

Galaxy

New Super Mario Bros.

2009 will be one of the most expensive years for Wii owners so far...

I have to get Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2 for PS3 as well...

Now Playing!

^ This is you!

Tiger Woods 10 when it came out, The Conduit when it came out, pre-ordered LKS. Before those three hadn't bought one since December.

Never, don't buy games for my wii, only blank discs for it lol, read into that as you will.......

just picked up madworld and house of the dead overkill a couple of days ago.
both games are full of happiness.